Good Jasmine Quest

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusti

Reaction score
So I have this perfume I got from a store called Basin that seems to only exist on Disney properties (though they have an online store) called 'Wild Jasmine'. It smells just like the flower, sweet, but with that base musky or earthy note that I have a very difficult time describing. It smells just like sticking your nose in a jasmine flower.

Most of the FOs and EOs I come across are that particular type of sweet, but they're missing that note that makes this smell what I love so much and I want it for myself for lotion bars and stuff and maybe if it's well behaved, for soap.

In order to save myself from buying every jasmine FO out there to find one like this I figured I would ask and see if any of you might know where I could begin looking for something like this.

Tricky... I can't think of any off the top of my head. I've been very limited with FO exposure and some of the sniffies I have, I doubt will fit the bill.

I've made soap with Nature's Garden's Jasmine FO, and it smells just like the flowers. This is of course my opinion. It's actually one of my most requested soaps. It does accelerate once you add the FO, but I usually have enough time to pour it.

I've made soap with Nature's Garden's Jasmine FO, and it smells just like the flowers. This is of course my opinion. It's actually one of my most requested soaps. It does accelerate once you add the FO, but I usually have enough time to pour it.

LOL, so if I do go with that one, add the FO way last if I soap with it?

I like BB's Jasmine Dreams. I don't have any real jasmine flowers to compare it to, but it smells good to me and was a crowd pleaser. Last time I used it I mixed in a little lavender and patchouli EOs to give it more complexity.

Also just made a batch with the BB Rosehip Jasmine. It's sweet and fruity, along with the floral. Great scent, but probably not exactly what you're after.

Jasmine, White (that's exactly how it is listed on their site) from Rustic Escentuals. I haven't soaped my sample of it yet, but, wow- OOB, it smells just like real, genuine jasmine. Based on 2 CP reviews that I've read online (one on the SRB and one on the RE site), it soaps great in spite of it being a floral.

IrishLass :)

Jasmine, White (that's exactly how it is listed on their site) from Rustic Escentuals. I haven't soaped my sample of it yet, but, wow- OOB, it smells just like real, genuine jasmine. Based on 2 CP reviews that I've read online (one on the SRB and one on the RE site), it soaps great in spite of it being a floral.

IrishLass :)

Hm. I think I tried to order that from them a couple of weeks ago but ran into the issue of not having a Visa or Mastercard that I am comfortable using online and they don't take Paypal, so placing an order from them is kind of an issue for me at the moment, but I'll keep it in mind.

Latest posts

Back