Good homemade shampoo recipe?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blondebubbles

Reaction score
I'd like a good recipe for making my own shampoo. I have babyfine hair that tends to frizz & wave, on the thin side. Anything that I can make that won't weigh it down & make it look greasy?

Thanks for suggestions!
Blondebubbles

I'd love any tips on shampoo bars, too! I tried using my own homemade soap as a shampoo and my hair felt and looked dull and flat. Thanks!

Here is mine you can try:

20% oo
20% co
15% shea
15% po
10% castor
10% sunflower
5% jojoba
3% neem oil
2% stearic acid.

Your hair will benefit from a vinegar rinse about once a week to help with the PH balance of your hair. I find that men tend to like the shampoo bars better women.

CPSoaper said:
I find that men tend to like the shampoo bars better women.

I have always loved the idea of making shampoo bars, but never tried...

I have bought some handmade ones before and my husband always uses them up!

sometimes I do use tea tree oil in my shampoo bars. I like to use it in combo with peppermint eo.

CPSoaper said:
Here is mine you can try:

20% oo
20% co
15% shea
15% po
10% castor
10% sunflower
5% jojoba
3% neem oil
2% stearic acid.

Your hair will benefit from a vinegar rinse about once a week to help with the PH balance of your hair. I find that men tend to like the shampoo bars better women.

Is this for a bar shampoo..... just wondering,
Before christmas my mom was telling me that my dad refuses to use liquid shampoo, (nothing new he's done it all his life, but i just never knew) and might try to make him up a cute basket for fathers day, lol with shampoo bars..... lol

Yes it is a shampoo bar. I actually sell quite a bit of them. To differentiate between my regular soap bars and my shampoo bars, I make my shampoo bars round and never do I color them. I've seen some that color them. They were real pretty too. Mine are plain and boring.

Back