good blend for a honey & oat CP soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Peeps, I want to make a soap using honey and colloidal oats. Any recommendations for an essential oil and/or blend? I'm thinking floral and/or fruity?

That is a favorite of mine, also. The only trouble is that the soap turns light tan after the cure. If you don't mind discoloration, then this is my favorite.
I thought light tan was a perfect colour for OMH soap so I leave it that way. I also use bubble wrap to make it look like honeycomb.

Orange patchouli. Fruity but warm and comforting too.
This sounds great. I'm lovin' my recent lime patchouli. Question, do you use essential oils or fragrance oils? I use essential oils. The orange 10x is dark orange and the patchouli is dark brown. I may have to add a lot of titanium dioxide.

This sounds great. I'm lovin' my recent lime patchouli. Question, do you use essential oils or fragrance oils? I use essential oils. The orange 10x is dark orange and the patchouli is dark brown. I may have to add a lot of titanium dioxide.
I use essential oils for this blend, 2:1 orange 10x : patchouli. I haven't found the discoloration to be much, but the soap isn't white. Maybe split it in three and leave some uncolored, some with TD and some with cocoa powder?

What about an orange patchouli blend with some cardamom? Or the Dusk blend in EO calc smells interesting in my mind.
https://www.eocalc.com/blends/dusk/
FWIW: I keep a dropper bottle of Cinnamon Clove on hand to spice up blends. A little goes a long way.

Mix 1 part Clove Bud EO + 3 parts Cinnamon Bark EO then add 1 part of this to your blend.

3 oz. Cinnamon Bark 85g
1 oz. Clove Bud 28g
4 oz. TOTAL 113g

28g 1 oz. Cinnamon
9g 0.3 oz. Clove
37g 1.3 oz. TOTAL

Last edited:
@Zing do you still have any benzoin that you've used for a vanilla scent? You could mix that with a smallish bit of patch and some cardamom and/or cinnamon for a bakery-type smell that would match what I think of with OMH, which is oatmeal cookies. :)
Yum, I like this idea! I have benzoin and haven’t used it much.

Back