Good bendable wax?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony0327

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know of any Wax that is soft enough that would make a good wax crust? I need it so that I can wrap it around a pie tin.

- This is for my Marketing class at school. Don't ask me how my group came up with the idea to make a candle pie and market them. I have no clue myself lol

Thanks,
Anthony

Natural beeswax is a good standby ... it's softness is controlled by temperature and beeswax is nicely malleable at body temperature.

Just after it's fully set, but before it's completely cold, is the easiest time to work your sheet of beeswax for this sort of project - you'll have a very long "play" time.

You do seem to have the most fun projects!

If I were you I would just use the beeswax sheets that people use to roll. Sounds like the best option for you. it's easy, not reliant on temps, and there are a lot of suppliers that carry it.
I wouldn't try and fiddle around with actual beeswax, it can become dry and brittle and hard to bend unless you work at just the right temperature.

try carved wax. I think general wax sells some. Once it sets you have about 15 minutes, I heard, to work with it before it becomes solid.

try carved wax. I think general wax sells some. Once it sets you have about 15 minutes, I heard, to work with it before it becomes solid.
Carving wax is just a straight pillar paraffin wax. almost every wax supplier carries pillar paraffin.
It's the dipping that holds the heat in that makes it carvable. I'm not sure it would be easy enough to wrap around a tin to make a pie crust.

Anthony was last in 4 months ago, so not sure if he will see your replies.

Back