Good apple or fruit FO from BB?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you have Crisp Anjou Pear, it really didnt smell nice to me at all, until I put it in CP. Like nasty type of not nice. Syrupy, chemically, nasty
best wishes

Ok, been doing some mixes with the pear. Maybe this will help other out or if anyone has others suggestions, I'm open.

1 pear, 1 champagne (from BB) this is nice, can't really smell the pear but the sweet it toned down some. Added 2 more pear, not as good. Still can't really smell pear and its just too sweet. Stick 50/50 with this one

2 pear, 1 fresh basil from NG. This is really nice. Sweet, spicy, herbal, fruity all in one. Can't smell the pear but you can tell its a fruit.

2 pear, 1 fresh ginger from NG. This has promise but the ginger is super strong, still experimenting with the proportions. If anyone has suggestions on how to tame the ginger, I'd love to hear it.

1 pear, 1 fresh cut rose from BB. This is gross, don't try it

Thanks for sharing these mix ideas! I will be trying the pear/basil and pear/ginger using CC's Fresh Picked Pear FO.

I have an apple pie from Naturals by Nana. I don’t smell anything other than apple (no cinnamon, etc.). It’s sweet, but not sickingly sweet. I haven’t used it yet, but it smells great in the bottle!

I'm extremely disappointed in the pear from BB. I had hoped it would improve with age in soap but its actually getting worse. Its not as sickly sweet but its developed a weird bitter/rotten scent that reminds me of a stink bug.
I'm going to try more mixes, something has to help cover the ick, maybe some ginger lime. I've decided not to waste my yummy basil buy mixing it.

I also have an apple cinnamon that smells like Apple Jack & Peel. What about other fruits like fresh raspberry, tropical pineapple, or peach?

I'm extremely disappointed in the pear from BB. I had hoped it would improve with age in soap but its actually getting worse. Its not as sickly sweet but its developed a weird bitter/rotten scent that reminds me of a stink bug.
I'm going to try more mixes, something has to help cover the ick, maybe some ginger lime. I've decided not to waste my yummy basil buy mixing it.

Glad it’s not just me with that pear. I mixed it with BB Champagne which was pretty nice. Also with Arabian Nights from Mad Oils, with a bit of neroli and sandalwood which I did like quite well. So maybe try it with something on the spicy side. I don’t care much for amber, but if you like it that could also be something to try.

I have an apple pie from Naturals by Nana. I don’t smell anything other than apple (no cinnamon, etc.). It’s sweet, but not sickingly sweet. I haven’t used it yet, but it smells great in the bottle!

Hi, I realize this is an old post. I found it doing a search on Naturals by Nana, because that was where I used to buy the only convincing red wine fragrance oil. They seem to be out of business? If so, did some other company buy their fragrances? Would love help with this. Thanks!

I found it doing a search on Naturals by Nana, because that was where I used to buy the only convincing red wine fragrance oil. They seem to be out of business? If so, did some other company buy their fragrances? Would love help with this. Thanks!
You'll have better luck and more responses if you start a new thread that mentions Naturals by Nana in the title. ;) :thumbs:

Latest posts

Back