Gold foil on soap bands

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YDB

Reaction score
Hello,

I want to get bands for my soap, but I want the lettering to be gold. Does anyone know of a place that does that?

Hello,

I want to get bands for my soap, but I want the lettering to be gold. Does anyone know of a place that does that?

You COULD do it yourself using toner foil. It is available in craft stores pretty much everywhere, or could be ordered online.

It is not for everyone, but if you have access to a laser printer or copier that uses toner you can do it yourself easily.

Basically, you print your bands/labels/stickers/cards and then tape the foil on the page and heat it so the foil sticks to the toner. Looks professional as heck. And you can make 1 or a million of them, so you can customize them easily.

The heating can be done on a laminator or just by running the paper thru the printer or copier a second time.

Search for "toner foil" on Google and youtube and you see exactly what I am referring to, if you are not already familiar with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I didn’t know that! I’ll definitely check it out, thank you!

You COULD do it yourself using toner foil. It is available in craft stores pretty much everywhere, or could be ordered online.

It is not for everyone, but if you have access to a laser printer or copier that uses toner you can do it yourself easily.

Basically, you print your bands/labels/stickers/cards and then tape the foil on the page and heat it so the foil sticks to the toner. Looks professional as heck. And you can make 1 or a million of them, so you can customize them easily.

The heating can be done on a laminator or just by running the paper thru the printer or copier a second time.

Search for "toner foil" on Google and youtube and you see exactly what I am referring to, if you are not already familiar with it.

Any recommendations on what type of laser printer? Ideally color

Color or black and white- either is fine. The foil will stick to whatever toner you tape it to and make the printed area the color of the foil, instead of the toner underneath it.

Gold foil using a color laser printer.

Btw, the foil comes in lots of different metallic colors.

And you don't even need to use a printer to apply the foil, really. It is xommon to use a laminator, but I have seen it done with an iron.

I don't know about using gold foil on the soap bands.
Does it peel or fall off at any stage over a year?
Is it made of very thin metal?
If so I wouldn't use it because it which would mean small amounts of metal would rub off and land on the exposed part of your soap or the one stacked next to it.
I think it is a DOS disaster waiting to happen.

Latest posts

Back