Gold drip on soap bars

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sapphire74

Reaction score
I want to make a soap that looks like it has gold drip on it (like those drip cakes), I don't know if I should use clear melt-and-pour or opaque melt-and-pour. Any suggestions?
fbkjsdf.jpg

I agree with @Babyshoes. Clear will show the sheen and sparkle of the mica better, but might have a somewhat translucent quality to it.The white base might look flat/matte. You could melt a bit of each and mix with your mica to see how they look.

I would think you'd see the shininess of the mica better in clear...
Perfect thanks, I'll try that out!

I agree with @Babyshoes. Clear will show the sheen and sparkle of the mica better, but might have a somewhat translucent quality to it.The white base might look flat/matte. You could melt a bit of each and mix with your mica to see how they look.
Totally makes sense, thanks!

Please keep us posted with photos! I hate re-inventing the wheel, so you can go first! :) Is your photo truly cake? That is amazing. Like an elegant, edible gallon can of paint.
Yeah I'll give it a go, you can follow my page on Instagram @figandpearl where you can keep up with my soapy endeavours. The photo is an actual cake, but it's not mine, I just got it from Google for a reference :)

Back