Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cutextine

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I would like to make a gobstopper soap, meaning a soap that’s round and has many layers just like a gobstopper. How do I make this happen? Every feedback is appreciated as this is quite important to me! (Its for a school project)

What I would do is get a round 3-d silicone mold and pour (or squirt with a pippete) different colored layers of soap batter into it.

Edited to add, either that, or you could hand-shape a multi-layered soap ball out of different colored soap scraps. Soften the scraps with a little water and heat to get them pliable like clay, then starting with the first color, form it into a small ball by hand, then build upon it, making layers around it with each successive color until you have a large multi-layered ball.

IrishLass :)

Last edited:
Or ...

Auntie Clara did a bubble soap, which has the dipped soap idea that could be used for multiple layers ... it gives a really smooth, thin finish (and could be adapted for Melt and Pour, if you prefer to buy a pre-made soap base):
https://auntieclaras.com/2016/09/dip-n-drip-soap-beads-bubble-soap/

Or ...

Another possibility is to make cold process soap dough and use that to create the layers.
Make a single, uncoloured, batch of soap, then divide most of it into colour cups (where you have colour to mix into the soap batter in the cup already).
Let the soap set up until it's firm, but still really soft, and then either form them straight away (wear gloves) or put them into air tight bags.
The soap can stay in the bags for months and still be soft, so you can take out what you need and leave the rest in the bag - just remember to push out any air so the soap doesn't go hard.
Using gloves to protect your hands, make your first ball shape by rolling it between your palms ... let it harden a little, then take the next colour and spread it (roll it out first, or spread it directly on your ball) around the original ball and leave that to set up and harden a little ... keep repeating until you have all the layers you want. The layers will become one soap as it cures.

If you are worried about colour bleed, add an uncoloured layer between each coloured layer.

Latest posts

Back