Goats milk

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soapme

Reaction score
I’ve been displacing for roughly eight years and early on I made soap with goats milk.

The instructions I was given told me to add my lye directly to the milk, but after a few tries, no matter how slowly I poured the lye into the milk, it still turned orange, my information being that I was scorching the milk. I even froze the milk once and slowly poured the lye directly onto the frozen milk.

I’d like to try it again sometime but I need more information/instructions.

Got any???

Displacing??? Should have been soapmaking…

Autocorrect is killing me!!!

Mix your lye with the same weight in water until it’s fully disolved. Use the rest of the water in the recipe as goats milk and add to the oils. If you want 100% goats milk add GM powder to the milk to make it up to what would be needed to turn the water mixed with the lye into milk. When you mix it altogether you’ll have 100% GM soap.

It’s called the split method and there is lots of posts about it.

Last edited:
I remember when I made GMS many many years ago, I froze the milk and very very slowly added the lye. This was for full GM, no added water. It really is tedious, however it was successful. Might want to try it. My soap did not discolor.

I’ve been displacing for roughly eight years and early on I made soap with goats milk.

The instructions I was given told me to add my lye directly to the milk, but after a few tries, no matter how slowly I poured the lye into the milk, it still turned orange, my information being that I was scorching the milk. I even froze the milk once and slowly poured the lye directly onto the frozen milk.

I’d like to try it again sometime but I need more information/instructions.

Got any???

Displacing??? Should have been soapmaking…

Autocorrect is killing me!!!
I had the same problem. All was well until I poured the lye/goats milk mixture into the oil. I made sure they were almost the same temperature (about 102 degrees and 104 degrees). It red deep orange, thick and lumpy immediately. I tried several times. Couldn’t figure what I was doing wrong. The store was out of palm oil so I had to use the red Palm oil and I thought that was the problem. I quit using GM. Maybe I’ll try again with goats milk.

Back