Goats milk

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunibee

Reaction score
Hi, i make regular liquid soap . Now I hvae a client asking for goats milk body wash .. I have been reading about how to incorporate milk into liquid soap. It's like substituting water with milk .. I ma a bit nervous about the outcome I don't want it scorched or burnt . Can u help me with more ways. Or isn't there any other way. . thank you in Advance. I am reading up Alaiyna B tutorial on the same .

Last edited:
When I use Goat Milk Soap I first start out with freezing my GM into cubes. Once frozen solid, I prepare an ice batch of ice, cold water and a couple of tablespoons of salt (this helps keep the ice bath colder). I then put my container with the frozen GM in it and let it set for a few minutes while I weight out my Lye. In only add about a couple of tablespoons of Lye to the frozen cubes at a time and stir, and watch my temperature to make sure it doesn't get above 70F. If it starts to get a little warm, I just let it sit a bit and do other things.

You'll have to stir a bit longer than you would when you make your Lye Solution with water. Your Lye Solution is also going to be about pancake mix thin and that is because the Lye is binding with the fats in the milk...it's okay. Now some people strain their GM Lye Solution...I don't, I generally just give it a quick whiz with my stick blender before pouring into my oils.

Now I make CP Soap. Because my GM Lye Solution is under 70F, I heat my oils to about 110F; this gives me an overall batter temperature around 80F-85F.

Last edited:
I am reading up Alaiyna B tutorial on the same .

Alaiyna B's Tutiorial on Making LS with Goat Milk

That's a good tutorial. :thumbs: ;) Although it can be made with just water and just KOH. I use powdered GM added to the warmed oils before adding the lye solution. If you use 50% coconut oil or more, there's no need to thicken with HPMC and it can be diluted at 40% soap to 60% water.

Combine when oils are 160°F (71°C) and lye solution at 140°F (60°C). Stir by hand, then SB, on and off, to HARD trace (10-15 minutes) over MEDIUM to LOW heat. Maintain 160°F (71°C) while bringing to trace.

I have made LS with GM using my own formula. One thing I can assure you of is that you will get a brown sediment on the bottom of the diluted LS. I dilute the whole batch all at once, slowly, on the range top in a large stainless steel pot to accommodate all the liquid. I sequester for a full 2 weeks before removing the sediment to be sure I've got it all.

Last edited:
When I use Goat Milk Soap I first start out with freezing my GM into cubes. Once frozen solid, I prepare an ice batch of ice, cold water and a couple of tablespoons of salt (this helps keep the ice bath colder). I then put my container with the frozen GM in it and let it set for a few minutes while I weight out my Lye. In only add about a couple of tablespoons of Lye to the frozen cubes at a time and stir, and watch my temperature to make sure it doesn't get above 70F. If it starts to get a little warm, I just let it sit a bit and do other things.

You'll have to stir a bit longer than you would when you make your Lye Solution with water. Your Lye Solution is also going to be about pancake mix thin and that is because the Lye is binding with the facts in the milk...it's okay. Now some people strain their GM Lye Solution...I don't, I generally just give it a quick whiz with my stick blender before pouring into my oils.

Now I make CP Soap. Because my GM Lye Solution is under 70F, I heat my oils to about 110F; this gives me an overall batter temperature around 80F-85F.
The Gekco , Thank you for clarity with such detailed information.. will try

Alaiyna B's Tutiorial on Making LS with Goat Milk

That's a good tutorial. :thumbs: ;) Although it can be made with just water and just KOH. I use powdered GM added to the warmed oils before adding the lye solution. If you use 50% coconut oil or more, there's no need to thicken with HPMC and it can be diluted at 40% soap to 60% water.

Combine when oils are 160°F (71°C) and lye solution at 140°F (60°C). Stir by hand, then SB, on and off, to HARD trace (10-15 minutes) over MEDIUM to LOW heat. Maintain 160°F (71°C) while bringing to trace.

I have made LS with GM using my own formula. One thing I can assure you of is that you will get a brown sediment on the bottom of the diluted LS. I dilute the whole batch all at once, slowly, on the range top in a large stainless steel pot to accommodate all the liquid. I sequester for a full 2 weeks before removing the sediment to be sure I've got it all.

@Zany_in_CO , thank you. Yes that is the article I read. . Thank you for all the stepwise instructions..😊😊. Imake my tea tree , neem tulsi( Holy basil) LS with just plain DM water. Without any problem. Thank you

Latest posts

Back