Goat's Milk!!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, my other secret love! How cool is that?!

Did you find fresh? I am using canned until I can get my goats knocked up :lol:

SimplyE said:
Oh, my other secret love! How cool is that?!

Did you find fresh? I am using canned until I can get my goats knocked up :lol:

Really?? :lol: I'm such a city girl... I thought goats and cows have milk on them 24/7/365?? Is it like with humans tho, that once they have a kid they will keep producing milk until it stops getting milked out of them?

I pass a goat farm when I go for a long drive to visit family.. I think next time we go up there I will call them and see if they sell it. Everyone talks about it and I wanna see what the rave is.

Still way too inexperienced to use yogurt tho.. have fun. So far I've only used water and aloe juice.

The goat's milk yogurt was in a plastic tub and it was like $8.79. Very expensive but I really want to make some soap with it. I'm jealous of you that you have fresh goat's milk from your own precious little goats! :D

I finally found a farm that I can buy it from it is an hour and a half round trip. Have been working hard at trying to make a decent batch. Lot harder than normal CP or using the powdered milk. It keeps seizing on me when I put in the color and oils. Saturday tried everything at room temperature and it still seized I was able to get it in the mold and looks fine now but I was trying to do a 3 color swirl. Not possible with pudding. I refuse to let it win. I will find a way..If you have had success with raw goat's milk and CP please give me some hints. Thanks!

Whole Foods has GM yogurt, and it is very $$$, but that is about 2 hours from where I live. From what I understand GM yogurt is pretty easy to make. I tried my hand at cheese, but my first batch flopped. I think yogurt is easier.

Yeah, I have approached a whole new realm in goats! They were born last year, and I want to breed them in Dec/Jan. That way, I get freshies in Spring! I think that as long as you milk them, they will produce. I guess I will milk like crazy, and freeze it so I don't have to do it in the middle of winter.

They are just super fun to have around, anyway. Seriously!!! That is lola in my avatar.

I have the sweetest family that I get my milk from they have about 10 goats. I am sure she could answer any questions you mght have let me know if you want her email address. I am buying a new house this spring and I keep telling my husband we have to get enough land that I can have goats, he thinks I'm kidding.

The laws are so funny here in Virginia and Maryland it makes it very hard to get raw milk.

Back