Goats milk soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pan Eden Farm

Reaction score
Hi All, new to the forum,. Just beginning my adventure because I have 16 dairy goats who are providing more milk than we can sell or drink! I want to get into goats milk soap making to use up some of the extra soaps. If anyone has any good recipes they can suggest, please send them to me! If anyone needs frozen goats milk and your in central florida, I would be happy to provide! Looking forward to reading all the wonderful hints, tricks and tips from everyone here!
Colleen

I make goat's milk soap as well, as my girls produce more than we need. Sadly, soapmaking doesn't use up an awful lot of milk. :Kitten Love:

As far as recipes go, I just substitute goat's milk for the water. I freeze it in the quantity I need, and add the lye, very slowly, until the milk has melted and the lye is dissolved. A bit slow and tedious, but it works for me.

Hi,

We make soap with Goat's Milk, our first one is unscented with Mango & Cocoa butters which is great for those with ezcema. The formula I use is 2/3rd milk to 1/3rd water which is frozen, and we make about 6 batches of 32 bars a year.

Our new formula which we are waiting for the paperwork on, has the same quantity but has a completely different texture as it also has oatmeal in it.

If you're making soap with goat's milk, before you add the hydroxide, put your milk/water mix in an ice bath first (FROZEN!) this will hopefully stop it curdling.

Also please note that when you're pouring into the mold afterwards to leave a large gap between molds to stop the milk turning in the heat build up! (That's happened to me once before with a large batch of 108 bars!) Don't cover up too much either...just think about what hot milk is like if left alone!

Latest posts

Back