Goats Milk Soap - do I wrap mold?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dippy

Reaction score
Hi All

I have just made my first 2 batches of soap with goats milk. I did the split method using 50% goats milk of total liquid and poured in the mold and all seems well. I wrapped them in a towel and left them on a window sill - it is fairly warm here today 23oC.

Is that the right thing to do with goats milk in or will it burn or something if it heats up? I am sure I read something about someone putting the molds in the fridge to cool down. I am a bit baffled about this bit as I thought they were supposed to heat up. Any help gratefully appreciated as I was really pleased with them so don't want to ruin it now!

I fried a loaf of GMS...it was really gross. It looked dirty, it was oily and it smelled. So to err on the side of caution...GMS goes in the frig once the garage hits 75F.

Thanks so much for your quick responses. I will keep an eye on it. It doesn't seem too hot at the moment so hopefully it will be fine. I will try for gel and non gel in the future so I can see the difference for myself I just don't want to mess up my first soaps!

Thanks so much for your quick responses. I will keep an eye on it. It doesn't seem too hot at the moment so hopefully it will be fine. I will try for gel and non gel in the future so I can see the difference for myself I just don't want to mess up my first soaps!
How did it turn out?

I am really pleased how it turned out they look ok and smell lovely! One is peppermint and poppy seed and one is lemon. 20200528_092244.jpg

Back