Goatmilk Powder questions

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carly B

Reaction score
Do you list it as goatmilk powder or goatmilk?

And because I am a pro at over thinking things:

When you list the ingredients on your label in descending order, when you use goatmilk powder directly in
your oils, do you list it based on the weight of the powder or do you list it based on the the weight it would
be if you reconstituted it first?

Do you list it as goatmilk powder or goatmilk?

And because I am a pro at over thinking things:

When you list the ingredients on your label in descending order, when you use goatmilk powder directly in
your oils, do you list it based on the weight of the powder or do you list it based on the the weight it would
be if you reconstituted it first?
Imho list ingredients in order of weight as weight of goat milk powder was when mixed into soap.

Interesting question. IMO, it depends on if it is reconstituted prior to adding to the soap batter. If not, then I would list it as GM powder. If reconstituted, would I say that on the label? Maybe and maybe not. I have seen soaps labeled as containing "goat's milk powder", and also as containing "goat's milk (reconstituted)", both of which I felt make perfect sense for the labels.

Because I made GM soap for a wholesale customer who used fresh goat milk while I used the powder to manufacture their recipe, the label stayed the same. Seemed the most practical thing to do.

Back