Goat soap ya'll

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mysoapopera

Reaction score
well finally...I did it!! this is aloe juice mixed with lye then GM added at trace. finaly a batch that did not burn!! I am a happy soaper (today anyways)
Picture004.jpg

I almost forgot to ask how soon can you wrap your soap. I used material. I dont think i would wrap as soon as I did I was just trying to fool around with a wraper

Really nice soap! :) I wish I made cuts as nice as yours.

I usually don't wrap my soap (put it in gift baskets or store it in my clothing drawers), but if I do, I wait the usual four weeks to make sure it's totally cured and won't shrink anymore.

A newbie answer....someone correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I do. Hope it helps. :)

Mike

I must tell the truth.....this soap is cut with a cheese cutter and a miter box :lol: Im waiting to order the real stuff friday. And thank you !

Your soap looks fantastic. I'm glad you didn't give u[, not that I
thought you were going to. It really is alot of trial & error. Good job.

Laurie

Absolutely gorgeous goat! I have made 2 goat soaps so far and I have yet to get it to such a beautiful light color! How did you do it?

Was the GM at trace the trick?

I did all the oils at RT, mixed all oils, added aloe juice and lye(made night before) at trace add GM.....I'll be glad to post the recipe if anyone wants to fool around with it. Keep in mind I am new to this and the recipe is one I made, and with that said......any advice is welcomed
castor oil 3 oz
coconut 19 oz
oo 29 oz
crisco 13 0z
lye 9.1
aloe 12.3 0
*at trace* 12 oz GM

That looks great!!! I usually do not wrap my soap until I ship. I leave it cure as long as I can. The longer the cure the better the lather the better the soap...

Very nice! I have never used aloe instead of water. You have inspired me to try...off to Wal-Mart.

Sudsy B

Great looking soap. I am glad your a happy soaper today. Everyone should be a happy soapper everyday, even if things don't go the way we want. After all that's how we all learn. :)

They are so pretty! I love the toile fabric, nice touch.

Goat soap...y'all

These soaps look wonderful. I bet they smell wonderful, too. I have only made a few GM batches, but I do what you do...add at trace. I think it makes for a whiter bar. I can't wait to try out my soap in the shower...but I have a few weeks to go on the cure...Nice pics. too!

Thanks for all the positive feed back..with so many errors (I mean learning experiences) Everyone has been very kind, this has been a great learning resource. Kathleen

Oooooohhhhh la la!!!!! I would buy it just from the packaging! :D Beautiful.

Digit

g/m soap

really great looking soap, congrats! i keep saying i'm going to try g/m again, and you've inspired me to do so. some my results were scary looking!

couple questions:

did you use canned or fresh goat's milk? room temp?

when you added the lye to the aloe, did you ice-bath it?

did you add the g/m at light or heavy trace?

anything else i should know?

thanks for the inspiration!

monet

I would love to know how you add this goats milk at trace? Does it curdle? Do you use goats milk ice cubes? And how much do you add?

Back