Goat Milk

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good morning everyone.
I have a question. I want to go all natural and would love to know which goat milk liquid or powder is best to use for soaping and facial products. Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you and have a blessed day to you all.

I am wanting to try goats milk but I have read that it will gel up, does the powder make it gel as well?
I use GMP and soap at low temps with 40% lye concentration. If I pour the batter cavity molds, the doesn't gel at all. If I pour it into a loaf mold, it will only get a partial gel unless I have also used honey, or if I apply extra heat. Some folks use an oven to do that; I prefer a heating pad under the mold, which is covered with an overturned box for insulation.

@AliOop I have found fresh meyenberg brand GM at Walmart next to their organic milks.
Thank you! Unfortunately, it's a lot more expensive for me than using the GMP. I also freely confess to being far too lazy to freeze the milk and make fresh lye solution each time. 😁 I've ruined myself with my 40% MB lye solution with all additives included.

That's what I do with my GMP, as well. I blend it in very well to make sure there are no lumps. :)

My lye solution is masterbatched at the strength that I use for soaping, so there is no way for me to add additional liquids unless I make a special batch of lye solution for that batch of soap. Well, I could also lower my lye concentration, but then I end up with lots of ash and glycerin rivers.

I made a small batch of goats milk soap using a Lovely Greens recipe (goats milk ice cubes mixed with the lye solution). I added a tsp of honey and some oats, which may have contributed to the gel ring I got... will try again without those. Meantime, wondering if anyone has added goats milk ice cubes to the lye solution and then ALSO added some powder or liquid GM to the oils?

(I realize this is not addressing the initial question, but is related to goats milk and GMP. Is the right thread to post this...or should I have started a new thread?). Thank you!

Back