Goat milk vs Cow milk

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sources say: Goat's milk has 3 times more beta-casein than cow's milk. Because of it’s easy absorption into the skin, it allows for quick hydration of dry skin. It also contains alpha-hydroxy acids, which help remove dead skin cells from your skin’s surface.

In my humble opinion, I find it immaterial since we really do not know what properties actually survive the lye monster. I never could tell the difference between my soaps made with vinegar and my goat milk soaps but I made them for the ability to label them as goat milk soaps for my customers that wanted goat milk soaps. as Artemis mentioned I did use powdered buttermilk quite often for label appeal along with the goat milk soaps. The Power of Suggestion is wonderful...:dance::dance:

I’ve never heard anyone give it as a reason, but if you’re a city-dweller that cares about animal welfare, and don’t know where the milk comes from, you’re more guaranteed that goats were free-range than cows I think 🤷‍♀️

I've used both types of milk. Both work fine. Goat milk has more label appeal than cow's milk.

I grew up milking cows - I never want to milk anything again - if I can help it! Yes, I raise goats - Myotonic or Fainting goats but, I do NOT milk them. They are a heritage-bred meat goat. I buy my goat milk. My way of supporting another farmer.

Not to steal the show from this thread but, here's my latest Goat Milk Soap - an Igloo. I made this soap with plans to donate part of the sales from "The Business Day" of our Town's local Great Ice event. The proceeds were being donated to the local fire dept in honor of my friend & town mentor, who suddenly passed this fall. "Dwayne" was the catalyst behind our fire dept getting an air boat that could perform ice rescues on Lake Champlain. The boat now carries his name and has saved several lives. Our Great Ice event has been cancelled due to lack of ice but I plan to advertise the soap and will still donate to the cause.

Sorry for the long type............................

Attachments

• 2-16-2023 Igloo.jpg
    2-16-2023 Igloo.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 2-16-2023 Igloo in bag.jpg
    2-16-2023 Igloo in bag.jpg
    284.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 2-15-2023 Dwaynes Airboat in action Rouses Point NY bridge.jpg
    2-15-2023 Dwaynes Airboat in action Rouses Point NY bridge.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back