Goat Milk Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doris Ann

Reaction score
These are pictures of my latest soap. It’s a goat milk soap poured into individual molds. I think the pictures of the color change as it goes through gel phase are interesting. I have made soap before with this same recipe and water. It turned out very white without the goat milk.

These are scented with lemongrass, cedar wood, and a hint of lavender.
EA260073-DA8B-485B-BF80-B6790F7BEBC0.jpeg
56A3E3F5-245F-4EE0-A903-F23F6DC957ED.jpeg
05EC57F0-6826-44E9-A52A-1A85932B96D7.jpeg
FD2BBBC3-BC40-411F-8F4F-FD2867228A82.jpeg

Nice. I like the color of the gelled soap! If you want it to stay light, you will need to keep it from gelling.

I didn't mind if it gelled. I am planning to felt the oval shaped bars. I just wanted to observe the process. I do have some goat milk soaps I made back in December that I prevented from gelling, and they stayed nice and creamy looking.

I didn't mind if it gelled. I am planning to felt the oval shaped bars. I just wanted to observe the process. I do have some goat milk soaps I made back in December that I prevented from gelling, and they stayed nice and creamy looking.

They turned out very nice. After my first massive failure with GMS, I freeze my goat milk and use an ice bath and don’t gel. There os just something so appealing about a naturally creamy bar of GMS.

Latest posts

Back