Goat milk soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soaptrotter

Reaction score
I am looking for some goat milk soap recipes to make 4lb of soap.

Does anyone have a tried and true recipe, they have actually made?

Every time I type in goats milk recipes or goat milk, I get directed to an error code, and I have to go back a page to get the forum back. I have tried to search it myself, but for some reason the above is happening.

Use one of your regular recipes. Any recipe can be used with milk of any kind. Go to the recipe section or the beginners section. Scroll down to the bottom of these posts and there are some GM posts there as well.

Ditto to what Shunt said. I just use my regular recipe. If I'm doing a full water replacement, I normally reduce my SF from 7% to 5%.

As for searching this forum, I like to use google. Just type in your search words and then add this: site:soapmakingforum.com
It restricts the results to just this site.

Go to google and type in "soap making forum" "goat milk", quotes included.

Snappy and Shunt are right - you add goat milk to an existing recipe you like. There are tips and hints, but the recipe is pretty much the same.

Here's one I have used and liked:

40% lard
20% coconut
35% olive
5% castor

I do not have good luck with fresh goat milk, I like to use canned or powdered.

With canned milk:

I bump up the "water as percent of oils" in SoapCalc from 38% to 40%. I use half of that amount to dissolve my lye. For example, if the recipe calls for 10 ounces of water, I will dissolve my lye in 5 ounces of water. Let the water reach room temperature. I like to soap cooler with milk soap, so I get my oils to around 90 degrees. When the oils are around 90 and the lye is room temp, I add 5 oz of canned goat milk to my oils. I blast it a few times with the stick blender to mix the milk in. If you stop stick blending, you will see that the milk quickly separates from the oils. So I keep the stick blender on as I slowly pour the lye water to makes sure the milk is well blended. Stick blend to light trace, then pour.

Goat milk soap is all I make, I freeze it in ice cube trays then when measuring out my liquid called for I just pop out how many cubes of frozen milk it takes to make up the amount minus a little that I add just liquid milk so I have some liquid when I start, very little liquid as the milk melts fast when you start adding the lye. Love my goat milk soap!

Back