goat milk and rtcp

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

delta soap diva

Reaction score
hi all, been doing the rtcp and love it! got some fresh goat milk and wanted to know if i could use as is or do i have to pasturize. i think i read in 'milk based soaps' that you need to pasturize it.

any thought?

thanks!

delta soap diva said:
hi all, been doing the rtcp and love it! got some fresh goat milk and wanted to know if i could use as is or do i have to pasturize. i think i read in 'milk based soaps' that you need to pasturize it.

any thought?

thanks!

I use farm fresh, and farm soured, goats milk no pasteurizing needed. I have farmers goats milk in soap that is a year old now, still no nasties and smells just like the scent I used! So, whatcha waiting for, just use it! :wink:

I think you can use it as is...from what I hear, paul leaves his out of the fridge (ie lets it sit warm) because it will soap better this way...hes the expert on goats milk, and I havent used it yet...so just passing along info :)

just shake it up before you use it realll nice...and voile'!

EDIT : lol I guess he beat me to it :)

gooooo paul! :)

will you expand on that some more? does that mean that oils and lye liquid is at room temps?--- oh hang on thats a lug head thing to ask-- i answered it didn't I.

usually my lye/milk is about 80 degs or less. and oils at about 100 (only cuz I cant wait for them to cool more--lol

Room Temperature Cold Process, soaping with all ingred. at room temp.

HTH
Laurie

Delta Diva - Totally off topic, but I have to say I LOVE your yardsticks!!! I was thinking the long 3' measuring sticks fancied up, but these are fabulous. :lol:

Y'all must go see them.

Digit

Hi I am new to soap making especially goat milk based soap. I have dairy goats so obtaining milk is not a problem. I have tried to make a couple of batches but both have turned brown. I have read your postings about rtcp? what is that? do you have any good recipies for goat milk soap. I have also read about using aloe vera in the lye solution. I would very much like to make some soap for christmas presents this year, so any advice you have would be greatly appreciated.

hi there and welcome! i learned about the rtcp in the tutorials section. it was very helpful, check that out. and don't worry you'll find or create a great recipe that is all your own. i've made lots of bad soap over the years but now have some great recipe's that i've create and i know you will find the same. :D

i am just starting to play with goat milk, lucky you to have the source!

Latest posts

Back