Go in for Citric Acid & Received Free Coconut Oil .. Yippee

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

commoncenz

Reaction score
The other day I was lucky enough to talk a local bakery supply store that only sells to bakers into agreeing to sell me 50 Lb cubes of Lard. (bribery by soap ..lol). They also agreed to sell me coconut oil when I run out of what I have on hand. Just have to buy it in 50 pound cubes also.

So, today I called to see if I could also purchase citric acid from them. "Yep, come on in." Same deal as with lard and coconut oil; I have to buy it in the bulk sizes they have available as they won't split it up.

So, I drive over to purchase 10 Lbs of citric acid for $17. Which isn't a bad price at all. However, I was/am wondering what the heck I'd do with 10 Lbs of the stuff. Anyway, when I was about to leave, the owner's daughter came out with a big plastic bag. Says she was about to call me anyway. They had a box of coconut oil with a hole in it and couldn't sell it to the bakeries. She had given some to family/friends when it occurred to her that I might like a "sample" to compare to the coconut oil I've been using.

That "sample" turned out to be 7 Lbs worth of coconut oil! That lady is definitely getting more soap! :-D

Back