Glycerin Soaps. The "Pretty" Problem....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lane

Reaction score
So I do MP and CP. I took a break from CP today and had some fun making really pretty MP. I TRIED to make a simple flower, but still had to add shimmer to the center :lol: .

ANYWAY. I hardly ever have repeat "glycerin" customers because they SAVE their soap!!! My favorite part of MP is how wonderfully creative you can get with colors and shapes. But it is made to be used.

Does anyone else have this problem??

And some pictures :D

LilyFlowerBLACK.jpg

LilyFlowerBLACK2.jpg

LilacFlowerBLACK.jpg

LilacFlowerBlack2.jpg

HA HA HA! That is soooo funny! YES, I have the EXACT same "problem". But then again, that became the reasoning behind my starting to sell at craft shows and stuff. The soaps I made and gave as gifts were still existing the following year, so I ran out of reasons to make more (as gifts!) but I still wanted to make it..so I figured......SELL IT!

I don't make much in the way of "individual" soaps anymore,though, it's hard to pick what people will actually buy. I make a loaves and slice them. Theres also something to that "arrangement of like soaps" that people seem to be attracted to. Know what I mean? Single, different soaps in a basket don't seem to catch anyones eye. Some people come back to buy certain ones (Lavenders and Oatmeals mostly). It's still "pretty" but not so pretty they can't bring themselves to use it. (thank goodness!)

And I'd LOVE to post a few picks, but for the life of me, I can not figure out how. In another thread someone tried to help me, and I tried 3 different ways with no luck.....

Hey Lane,

I can't help you with your problem. I just wanted to say how pretty your flower soaps are!!

Good luck,
Robert

Use your flashy M&P soaps in gift baskets with your CP soaps. The "pretty factor" may be just the attention grabber you need to sell the more expensive baskets.
They really are quite pretty.

Yes, that is the problem w/ *pretty* M&P. Customers buy them as decoration.

Yours are lovely.

I have thought about adding a tag that says a soap isn't truely loved untill it's been used or something to that effect.

Cute flower soaps, Lane!

I've actually had people tell me that they put my soap in their socks drawers because they like the scent. Although it's a nice thought, I would rather they used it on their skin :)

Stella Marie said:
Cute flower soaps, Lane!

I've actually had people tell me that they put my soap in their socks drawers because they like the scent. Although it's a nice thought, I would rather they used it on their skin :)

I'd rather have my customers put them in their sock drawer than one place I found out one of mine had.

She's a lady truck driver who trucks for the company my hubby works for. Her dad had a heart attack so she took over his contract. And least to say her dad didn't have feet that smelled really good and back in the bunk smelled like sweaty feet. And since it was her dad's truck there was only so much she could do. So she stuck a bar under the drivers seat and one in the back in the sleeper. Least to say she prefered the lilac over sweaty feet.

But Lane you can't blame them one bit for not wanting to use them. They are soooooooo pretty !!!! And your pictures are totally AWESOME !!!!

Chay said:
Use your flashy M&P soaps in gift baskets with your CP soaps. The "pretty factor" may be just the attention grabber you need to sell the more expensive baskets.
They really are quite pretty.

Very pretty flower!

I won't be selling much M&P once I get enough CP to sell, but I love my MW beehive mold, & I have a special scent for a celtic mold, so I'll still do those.

That's a great idea! You could use one M&P bar as the theme for a gift box or basket & build around that with CP soaps of the same or complimentary scents & colors.

I sure wish my CP stuff would get here. <tap tap>

Mandy

Wonderful looking soap, I can see why someone would want to save them.. They are just tooo nice.

Latest posts

Back