Glycerin rivers

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allan Green

Reaction score
Hi
Have been using the attached recipe and am getting glycerin rivers I want the batter to be fluent but don’t know what to do as I think there maybe to much water any help would be appreciated
26524A35-6F0C-4549-BC2A-3B188D377439.jpeg

Since I don't work with those ingredients - especially the butters, I am not sure. Maybe someone with experience with those oils/butters can be of more help. In *my* recipe, I use a 33% lye water solution and my recipe stays fluid for the most part, depending on the fragrance I use.

Since I don't work with those ingredients - especially the butters, I am not sure. Maybe someone with experience with those oils/butters can be of more help. In *my* recipe, I use a 33% lye water solution and my recipe stays fluid for the most part, depending on the fragrance I use.
Thank you do you know any where for a good recipe

Check this soap out as a good body bar of soap NOT as a shampoo bar:
https://www.soapmakingforum.com/threads/shampoo-bar-thanks-lindy.30946/
I dont use less than 10% of any oils or butters except for Castor oil which I use at maximum 5%.
I just can't detect the difference of other oils at less than 10%.
A lot of people use less than 20% coconut oil. I use not more than 10%.
A lot of people use either cocoa butter or shea butter in a soap.

Generally you do have to try a whole stack of small recipes (about 500g) to work out what oils and ingredients suit your skin and your budget (this varies from country to country as well). It is very annoying but my perfect recipe might be a nightmare for your skin. If you ask about a recipe you'll get lots of "I hate/love OO, lard, palm etc" You will get lots of suggestions but you just have to work through a few to work out what is best for you.

Back