Glycerin Embeds in CP soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A bit of an experiment, I wanted to see if I could add glycerin embeds to CP soap to try to make seaglass bits and the sun in glycerin. Not sure how the glycerin will work with the curing and shrinking in CP soap. The glycerin bits sweat a bit but so far it is holding up. Curious what results anyone else had had with combining these 2 processes...
glycerin 2.png

Those are very pretty!

I'm guessing by "glycerin" you are referring to what I would call "melt & pour." I used M&P embeds as the columns in my recent column pour for this month's SMF challenge. Can't post pics right now but they look great, and so far are sticking just fine. They were a bear to cut through, however, and for that reason, I probably won't do that again.

Those are very pretty!

I'm guessing by "glycerin" you are referring to what I would call "melt & pour." I used M&P embeds as the columns in my recent column pour for this month's SMF challenge. Can't post pics right now but they look great, and so far are sticking just fine. They were a bear to cut through, however, and for that reason, I probably won't do that again.
Yes Melt and Pour! This is the first time I have used M&P and really hoping after 4 weeks they still look good after curing. Cant wait to see your challenge soap!

They were a bear to cut through, however, and for that reason, I probably won't do that again.
That's what I hear so I have never had any interest. And it can be the same with using CP embeds if you let them fully dry out. Lisa at I Dream in Soap recommends wrapping CP embeds/canes to keep them soft and pliable.

Back