Glowing Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
These are a couple of CP bars from the SMF low/high water challenge that are backlit with a flashlight. You can see the difference in translucence created by the difference in gelling. The same soaps in normal light follow their glow. The light I used wasn't big enough to illuminate a whole bar so I took two glowing shots of the second soap.

Illuminate your soaps -- and then illuminate us with pics here. M&P would look especially cool. But any gelled CP soaps with colorants might prove to be interesting, even if they don't have low/high water contrast. Oh, and don't forget your partial gels! Backlighting works best at night (or in a dark room), using a light that is big and powerful enough to shine through a good portion of the bar. Let's see what you've got! New soaping not necessary :mrgreen:
IMG_0900resized.jpg

FullSizeRender resized.jpg

IMG_1133.JPG

IMG_1132.JPG

FullSizeRender2 resized.jpg

Don`t have anything like that to contribute with atm, but just wanted to say it was really cool. And the color is lovely!:thumbup:

Wow that's cool! And that's exactly why I asked to see what people have in their possession. :thumbup:

Hey what did you illuminate with? It looks like a candle stick behind there.

Lovely! I tried cp + mp once and the fo accelerated. That was enough to make me try for a 2nd time

Latest posts

Back