Glowing Soap

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

CaraBou

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
These are a couple of CP bars from the SMF low/high water challenge that are backlit with a flashlight. You can see the difference in translucence created by the difference in gelling. The same soaps in normal light follow their glow. The light I used wasn't big enough to illuminate a whole bar so I took two glowing shots of the second soap.

Illuminate your soaps -- and then illuminate us with pics here. M&P would look especially cool. But any gelled CP soaps with colorants might prove to be interesting, even if they don't have low/high water contrast. Oh, and don't forget your partial gels! Backlighting works best at night (or in a dark room), using a light that is big and powerful enough to shine through a good portion of the bar. Let's see what you've got! New soaping not necessary :mrgreen:
IMG_0900resized.jpg

FullSizeRender resized.jpg

IMG_1133.JPG

IMG_1132.JPG

FullSizeRender2 resized.jpg

MySoapyHeart

Bee Happy
Reaction score
Don`t have anything like that to contribute with atm, but just wanted to say it was really cool. And the color is lovely!:thumbup:

Misschief

Supporting Member
Reaction score
018 by Ev Skae, on Flickr

My hi/low water soap failure. It's barely there but you CAN see the swirls to the left and the right. They're very hard to see without the light but it's interesting that they are there.

CaraBou

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Wow that's cool! And that's exactly why I asked to see what people have in their possession. :thumbup:

Hey what did you illuminate with? It looks like a candle stick behind there.

Misschief

Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL... good eye. There IS a candlestick back there. However, I didn't use the candle for illumination; I used a desk lamp.

seven

Reaction score
Lovely! I tried cp + mp once and the fo accelerated. That was enough to make me try for a 2nd time

shunt2011

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
That's some very cool looking soap.

Latest posts