Gloves👏🏽

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use these heavy duty 9 mil nitrile gloves from Harbor Frieght. And since I'm one of those that doesn't like the feel of such gloves (nitrile or latex or rubber) on my naked hands, I wear a pair of these stretchy, form-fitting cotton/spandex gloves underneath, which also help to protect my hands from heat when washing up my dirty soapy utensils in hot water.

IrishLass :)
THANK YOU!!! That is SUCH a great idea with the cotton gloves underneath !!! AWESOME - you rock! THANK YOU!!

I use these heavy duty 9 mil nitrile gloves from Harbor Frieght. And since I'm one of those that doesn't like the feel of such gloves (nitrile or latex or rubber) on my naked hands, I wear a pair of these stretchy, form-fitting cotton/spandex gloves underneath, which also help to protect my hands from heat when washing up my dirty soapy utensils in hot water.

I checked the Harbor Freight website. All they have available is 5 or 7 mil. I use Costco's nitrile medical gloves but it doesn't say the mils on the box. Do yours fit snuggly?

I checked the Harbor Freight website. All they have available is 5 or 7 mil. I use Costco's nitrile medical gloves but it doesn't say the mils on the box. Do yours fit snuggly?
Yes.... mine fit nice and snug, but happily not uncomfortably so, i.e., the gloves stay in one place without riding/shifting about, but they don't make my hands feel clumsy or constricted in the least. It's like having a second skin, really. Here's a few pics of them on me: One is palm-side up and the other is palm-side down. I really love how far up the arm they reach, too.:

IMG_5457Cropped640.JPG

IMG_5458cropped640.JPG

Yes.... mine fit nice and snug, but happily not uncomfortably so, i.e., the gloves stay in one place without riding/shifting about, but they don't make my hands feel clumsy or constricted in the least. It's like having a second skin, really. Here's a few pics of them on me: One is palm-side up and the other is palm-side down. I really love how far up the arm they reach, too.:

View attachment 46501

View attachment 46502

They do go up the arm a nice distance. Mine are shorter but I put long cotton glove liners in with the fingers cut off. I don't like all that build up. I just leave enough of the fingers on to keep them in place and the liners go nearly to the elbow. That's where I was always getting these little lye splash pin-pricks. And it's cooler than wearing long sleeves.
https://www.leevalley.com/en-ca/sho...r/gloves/76937-extra-long-cotton-glove-liners

Are these single-use gloves?

Are these single-use gloves?

No. Amazingly, I am able to re-use them several times over. I use mine for making soap and also for washing dishes on a daily basis and I can usually get at least a solid month of use out of a single pair. They're very heavy-duty. I don't now if the 5 or 7 mils last as long, but the 9 mils are amazing.

Due to the pandemic, all disposable gloves have gone way up in price, and way down in availability. I also cannot find the 9mil on the HF website, nor on Amazon. The box of thin disposables that I used to purchase for about $7 from Home Depot is now $25. :(

Yikes! I'm so glad I purchased the box I currently have back in February/March before all the craziness happened. I bought it at my local, neighborhood brick & mortar Harbor Freight store.

Latest posts

Back