Gloomy moody

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep reading the news on CNBC and I live in Oz! So silly!
I’m trying to distract myself with meditation and gratitude practice. It’s tough. Luckily I can make soap and I live near a beachside wilderness area so I can get out and still be safe. Good luck.
Maybe you can work out which recipes and patterns you want to make when you get to make

I can relate. I soap to stay sane and because it's cheaper than therapy! Right now I haven't got time to soap due to present circumstances and family issues that require my attention.

I like PJ's suggestion -- meditation & practicing gratitude go a long way to reduce stress and put you into a positive state of mind. Also yoga. Also plenty of fresh air, sunshine and exercise -- even if it's only a 20-30 minute walk around the neighborhood.

Remember to breathe. Seriously. Take a few deep calming breaths before getting out of bed each day. With the pandemic at our front door, we need to keep our lungs in top shape. Deep breathing exercise: In through the nose for a count of 4; hold for 7; out through the mouth (slowly) for 8 counts while pushing the tummy in all the way back to your spine.

Singing is good for the lungs too. If you don't sing well, sing loudly! Nobody cares. Really. It's fun and funny. As a matter of fact, that's what I'm going to do right now. I need a good laugh.

I can relate. I soap to stay sane and because it's cheaper than therapy! Right now I haven't got time to soap due to present circumstances and family issues that require my attention.

I like PJ's suggestion -- meditation & practicing gratitude go a long way to reduce stress and put you into a positive state of mind. Also yoga. Also plenty of fresh air, sunshine and exercise -- even if it's only a 20-30 minute walk around the neighborhood.

Remember to breathe. Seriously. Take a few deep calming breaths before getting out of bed each day. With the pandemic at our front door, we need to keep our lungs in top shape. Deep breathing exercise: In through the nose for a count of 4; hold for 7; out through the mouth (slowly) for 8 counts while pushing the tummy in all the way back to your spine.

Singing is good for the lungs too. If you don't sing well, sing loudly! Nobody cares. Really. It's fun and funny. As a matter of fact, that's what I'm going to do right now. I need a good laugh.
So appreciate this thank you Zany

I keep reading the news on CNBC and I live in Oz! So silly!
I’m trying to distract myself with meditation and gratitude practice. It’s tough. Luckily I can make soap and I live near a beachside wilderness area so I can get out and still be safe. Good luck.
Maybe you can work out which recipes and patterns you want to make when you get to make
Thank God for soap Penelope. I’m hard on the soap calc these days it’s the most I can do.

I can totally relate. I was stuck at home with 2 kiddos and a hubby for 7ish weeks before I got a break and was able to make some soap. Maybe you can focus on other hobbies you have? So far this year, I've knitted a sweater, a shawl and am working on a poncho. I don't even like ponchos, but it keeps my hands busy. If you cook, you could start trying new recipes. What else do you like to do? I love listening to podcasts and reading and there's always Netflix. Take care of yourself and I hope you find something to lift your mood.

and am working on a poncho. I don't even like ponchos.
Smack Laugh.gif

Because of my apartment situation I can’t soap and I realize I’m not in much of a good mood. Can anyone relate.
I can relate! Due to my husband having us a heart transplant and having to a heart transplant. So many followup appointments with his surgical team. All I can Do is keep checking the few batches of soap that are curing to keep me from going going insane 😂😂

I can totally relate. I was stuck at home with 2 kiddos and a hubby for 7ish weeks before I got a break and was able to make some soap. Maybe you can focus on other hobbies you have? So far this year, I've knitted a sweater, a shawl and am working on a poncho. I don't even like ponchos, but it keeps my hands busy. If you cook, you could start trying new recipes. What else do you like to do? I love listening to podcasts and reading and there's always Netflix. Take care of yourself and I hope you find something to lift your mood.
Thank you so much for your feedback it was appreciated.

I can relate! Due to my husband having us a heart transplant and having to a heart transplant. So many followup appointments with his surgical team. All I can Do is keep checking the few batches of soap that are curing to keep me from going going insane 😂😂
I know and the bars are dwindling because the whole family uses them. I watched them every day like my plants. They are my priced possession after all.😂

Back