glitter in soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glitter doesn't often show up if you use it as a "colorant" I add it to salt bars and pretend that I can see it. Most often glitter is sprinkled on top of the bars after pouring but most of it will wash away with first use.

If you choose to use glitter make sure it is cosmetic safe and safe for the Ph of soap. Most suppliers have a glitter or two that is reliable. Craft glitter has larger pieces with sharper edges that can cut someone

I love using glitter on the top of my soaps! I have never used it in the batter, I was actually wondering what it would look like.

Only way to know is to experiment! I may try it soon.

I'm getting some glitters from Nurture in with my order. I'll try some in soap and let you all know how it works out. I ordered the mineral glitter, it's just larger pieces of mica with the same sorts of colorants as the regular micas.

I only use it in my clear melt and pour soaps. If you are going to use glitter just be sure it is cosmetic grade.

My son finds cinnamon in soap scratchy so I can't imagine what he'd think about glitter.

If you have to clean the bathroom you will absolutely hate the person who gave or sold you glitter soap. :evil:

If you use glitter in soap, it should come with a warning: May be potentially hazardous to female genitalia. Seriously. I am not joking.
Why's that? Assuming it's cosmetic grade. Cosmetic grade is made out of plastic instead of metal and has a hexagonal shape instead of pointy. That's what I use as a face painter to avoid damaging the eyes.

I recently made soap and put in a small amount of mineral glitter from Nurture. I have not used the soap but assumed it would be somewhat scratchy. It's a Christmas soap with Snow Witch for the FO so I wanted it to look like snow :)

IMG_20170901_081105970_BURST000_COVER.jpg

All soap is hazardous there...it's one of the causes of infections because of disrupting the balance of friendly bacteria down there.

Some women & girls have no problem with plain soap causing vaginal issues when used to clean the vulva; women prone to yeast infection often do, however.

(Incidentally, I do not mean internal usage; I refer to external usage, but I think that is understood.)

Why's that? Assuming it's cosmetic grade. Cosmetic grade is made out of plastic instead of metal and has a hexagonal shape instead of pointy. That's what I use as a face painter to avoid damaging the eyes.

Regardless of it's shape or 'cosmetic grade', for the tender and sometimes inflamed or sometimes compromised (age-related; menstrual related; hormonal balance related, etc.) introducing tiny foreign substances that can be fairly impossible to remove is ill advised and potentially contributes to infection and other tender skin damage.

Gynecologists warn women not to use glitter of any kind in the vaginal area, including the vulva, be it in bath bombs, soap or vaginal suppositories (a new trend that has doctors quite concerned.)

very interesting thoughts.
Never knew there was a cosmetic grade of glitter, but it makes sense..

Latest posts

Back