Gingerbread Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edco76

Reaction score
Just got some Gingerbread FO. Smells yummy. Any coloring ideas? I would like for it to look like Gingerbread cookies. I am even toying with the idea of making a Ginger-Soap House and or man.

LOL-crayons with a pinch of pearly mica.

There are some really pretty pearly brownish micas out there.

Is the one you're using one that discolors? SOme of them discolor to a shade or orange or brown, see if the description does that before you start, it may do the work for you! :lol:

How about actual ground ginger and cinnimon? I have never used spice in soap but I know some people do. Anyone experienced in that? Does it affect the smell?

Cinnamon oil is a TOP irritant, I do not know about ground cinnamon. The oil will leave my husband w/ a burn similar to a sun burn which makes him the perfect guinne pig-LOL!

Paprika works really well for that gingerbread look. I used 2 1/2 tbsp of Paprika for a 3 lb batch. I added at light trace, stirred with a whisk to incorporate, this took a few minutes, I didn't want clumps of the spice, then I used my stick blender, and good good trace, then poured it in a wooden mold. I used 3 oz peppercorn fo, and it turned the soap a pukey (is that a word?) yellow, but the batch looks awesome. A nice dark pumpkin/gingerbread color, with itty bitty specks all thru.

Kat said:
Paprika works really well for that gingerbread look. I used 2 1/2 tbsp of Paprika for a 3 lb batch. I added at light trace, stirred with a whisk to incorporate, this took a few minutes, I didn't want clumps of the spice, then I used my stick blender, and good good trace, then poured it in a wooden mold. I used 3 oz peppercorn fo, and it turned the soap a pukey (is that a word?) yellow, but the batch looks awesome. A nice dark pumpkin/gingerbread color, with itty bitty specks all thru.

Ok, was it pukey yellow? Or or nice dark gingerbread color? I am getting confused lol

Sorry....when I added the fo, it turned a pukey yellow, then I added the paprika. It was a funky med/dark yellow, but after it gelled in the wooden mold, it turned a wonderful gingerbread flecky soap. It really turned a nice dark amber color. The peppercorn fo was an amber color, so its possible the combination of the fo and the paprika made this color. What color is your gingerbread fo?....I just went & looked at the gingerbread fo I have, and it is an orangy/tan color. The peppercorn fo is a darker red/orange/tan color. Gingerbread huh???? got my brain cells workin'.....sounds yummy. Oh, btw I LOVE GELLIN! I Love the chemistry of it all..

Back