Ginger Lemon Beer Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anstarx

Reaction score
I made this batch just over the weekend and cut them today.
My original plan was to make a lemon-yellow base with a very white top and poppy seed on top. However, I was't able to achieve the lemon yellow I wanted.
IMG-8571.jpg

For the base, I used a gold mica that turned out to be too warm. I have a bunch of micas but they are not tested for soaping. I will test them all one day but I don't want to risk ruining a big batch like this. I'm also curious if you can use yellow food coloring? Since I researched that the colorants in my food coloring is pretty much the same as lab colors.
For the top, the white beer I used turned out to be darker than I expected so the TD I prepared wasn't enough and it was tracing pretty fast so I just throw in what I got.
The EO I used was: ginger, lemon, orange peel. Right now it smells more citrus-y and barely any ginger. Maybe it will come out later?
IMG-8575.jpg

You can see I attempted a swirl there but I didn't go in deep enough. Oh well, at least this is my first successful layer. Last time I tried to layer I had to spoon every thing in.

Last edited:
20191204_120723.jpg I have tried several soaps with beer, the batter always turned that color and it does take a lot of TD to overcome the beige color. In the soap in the picture, I just went with the darker color scheme and created a black layer, left the natural beige.
Good job on the layers and sounds like it smells wonderful!

Last edited:
Those look really nice even if not as planned. My beer soap also is on the beige side...

Mmm-Mmm good! Even though they didn't come out the way you wanted, they look luscious and I bet that EO blend will delight the senses as well when fully cured. Well done.

Back