Gift supporting membership?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaToya

Reaction score
Currently, my situation is rough but I am not giving up. I will continue to push forward. Right now, I'm doing all of my research to begin my soap business. I have so many questions that I need answers to. Unfortunately, I can not post my questions in the proper places because I have limits on my account. I want to upgrade my account but I am unable at this moment. Can someone help me out by gift upgrading my account? Im asking because I am truly in a bind but I know that this place is not forever. I am remaining positive. I feel that this site has MEGA information and I need more of that without restrictions. Can someone help me out?

Welcome to SMF Latoya. There is no sponsorship thing there. I found a copy of the rules for posting in the General Business forum:

1) SMF encourages active membership and requires a minimum of (50) posts & (3) months membership before posting.
2) Only one link per member per post , others will be deleted.
3) All attempts to post inquiries relating to business matters outside of the Business section in order to skirt the above stated rules and requirements will be deleted. These rules may seem to be overly strict, but is for the protection of our board and membership, and no exceptions will be made.

The focus of SMF is not on the business aspect of soap making. There may be other sources that can help you more. I'm not sure what else to suggest to you.

Welcome to SMF Latoya. There is no sponsorship thing there. I found a copy of the rules for posting in the General Business forum:

1) SMF encourages active membership and requires a minimum of (50) posts & (3) months membership before posting.
2) Only one link per member per post , others will be deleted.
3) All attempts to post inquiries relating to business matters outside of the Business section in order to skirt the above stated rules and requirements will be deleted. These rules may seem to be overly strict, but is for the protection of our board and membership, and no exceptions will be made.

The focus of SMF is not on the business aspect of soap making. There may be other sources that can help you more. I'm not sure what else to suggest to you.

I think Latoya may be asking about the new "ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership" that's in the banner?
I could be wrong!

You don't need sponsorship to use the forum. It is free.
There are no limits except the business forum which would still have limits if you sponsored the forum or were sponsored by someone else.

Ohhh (50) posts & (3) months membership. It'll be March :( that's a long time to wait. Meena is right, I didn't mean sponsorship. I ment gift a supporting membership.

How can I utilize them then? The business forum is where I need to post.

Last edited by a moderator:
How can I utilize them then? The business forum is where I need to post.
You have to wait for 3 months after joining and you have to have 50 posts.
You have been a member for less than one month and have 11 posts. Keep being an active member of the forum and in just over 2 months you can post on the business forum.

@penelopejane Thanks got it. Sorry I didn't grasp what you both were saying the first time.

@Meena You know lol it's so funny you mentioned that because I'd rather see my soap than me :D. Maybe I'll do a split pic lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the meantime, you have access to the rest of the forum where there are a gazillion tons of very useful information, from members who sell. It might not be "labeled" as business pointers, but I suggest while waiting til March, you use the info to perfect your recipes, make sure you're ready, get ideas for future products and so on.

There's actually a sticky there asking good questions to help you know if you're ready to sell. I'm wondering if it's OK to copy and paste that info here? And in that other thread regarding selling.. Admins?

Oh, you changed your beautiful picture!! (I like seeing people. :))

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about posting to that forum. I visited it tonight for the first time because of your post.

Yay! I enjoyed Latoya's picture too - just a happy shining expression! (you'll never see my pic, I'm too introverted to get and "personality" to show!)

Back