Gift baskets/sets

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tabitha

Reaction score
When you make gift baskets/boxes/sets, do you add any store bought item(s) to it?

I will sometimes add thise exfoliating spa gloves. I LOVE those gloves.

A wash cloth here and there. A handmade bar of soap ontop of a soft wash clth tied up with a nice ribbon. ;) Oh, sometimes I pick up rubber duckies to add to baskets too...

I think matching accessories are great! But no store bought items along the line of hand made products that you are using such as lotions, bubble bath, and so on.

Love the rubber duckies idea. :D

Digit

I have tied rubber duckies to the outside of the cello @ the bow.

Lane, do you crochet or knit your own wash clothes?

Tabitha said:
Lane, do you crochet or knit your own wash clothes?
I Wish!! :oops: I have been wanting to learn to crochet for YEARS now. Almost every other week I have a "crocheter or knitter" wanting to trade on Etsy. So I buy my cloths with soap. :D I try to always use hand made cloths in my baskets, but I have been known to run by wal mart and grab a bunch if I'm in a bind.

I have the instructions somewhere on how to make the nylon scrubbies. It looked fairly easy. Use the 40% off coupon for JoAnn's or the like to buy the tulle or netting.

Lane - crocheting is very easy. I taught a young lady how to chochet not too long ago. She said it was too difficult. I told her that she only needed to know 3 simple things, plus how to read a pattern and she could make the most intricate lace tablecloth or simple scarf. It took about a week before she came up to me and said she could not believe it, but I was right. (I liked that part :lol: ) It was simple. The hardest part is learning tension. She made a nice little blanket from a pattern I never would have chosen for a beginner!

Digit

Back