Ghost Swirl

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The angled line is the brim of his beret. There's a few whispies above for the top of his beret, and a few whispies below for his head and face. The oval underneath is his shoulder and arm.

I love the marbled look of these..gorgeous :)

Ya'll are crackin' me up over all the things you see in these soaps..blast, now I have to go back and look too....:lol:

Okkkk....I see the cat, and I see the face..but does anyone see the half naked person? Second pic, at base of rose..where the 2 green stamons on top are? Looks like the 'shrugging' man almost..but only the right side of him

I personally think we are all having flashbacks....*snicker* :lol:

I could use some free body so I am searching for it... but nt surprising I an challenged in that liberty. More direction, Jstar?

Hey @Pepsi Girl, @hmlove or @snappyllama -- can you sniff him out?? Sure hope your at the @s! Someone correct me if this doesn't work.

Ghostly or not, it looks like travertine marble. I can imagine it in a stainless dish in a stark white subway tile bathroom. In my mind, it has simple lavender or bay rum fragrance. Classic and classy. Good job.

These didn't turn out as planned. They are much more "ghostly" in appearance than I had wanted. There was supposed to be a second swirl color from some parsley infused oil that I added as superfat to a small portion of the batter. Not surprising, it wasn't enough and it didn't show up at all. So, the AC that I intended to be a very minor component of the soap ended up being the only color in the bar. There isn't much to it, but I like subtle soaps so I'm okay with how it turned out.

I should also mention that the pattern in this soap resulted from running my bear paw back scratcher through a drop swirl (see the tool at http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?t=48968). I had no idea what I'd get. There was a lot of variation between the bars so I definitely need to do more experimenting to see what kind I can create ;)

3rd photo down. Soap on the bottom left. End of bar has a profile of a ghostly face...mouth wide open emitting a ghostly howl.

I could use some free body so I am searching for it... but nt surprising I an challenged in that liberty. More direction, Jstar?

Hey @Pepsi Girl, @hmlove or @snappyllama -- can you sniff him out?? Sure hope your at the @s! Someone correct me if this doesn't work.

Let's see can I post this.....

ETA: Actually once I got to drawing the stix out, I realized its not the shrugging man..its John Travolta :Kitten Love:

2A.jpg

Last edited:
Ok I looked closer and I swear Picasso is haunting your soaps cause I see a couple naked bodies, a dragon smoking a hooka, and a googly eyed child from a Stan Silverstein book.

Okkkk....I see the cat, and I see the face..but does anyone see the half naked person? Second pic, at base of rose..where the 2 green stamons on top are? Looks like the 'shrugging' man almost..but only the right side of him

I personally think we are all having flashbacks....*snicker* :lol:

Which half? I'm just sayin'

I swear u can see a bipedal gryphon smoking a cig in the second pic! Umm, turn the pic clockwise an it's the cut face of the mostly vertical one

Ghostly or not, it looks like travertine marble. I can imagine it in a stainless dish in a stark white subway tile bathroom. In my mind, it has simple lavender or bay rum fragrance. Classic and classy. Good job.

Thanks! It is a lavender-mint EO blend, and it smells fantastic!

3rd photo down. Soap on the bottom left. End of bar has a profile of a ghostly face...mouth wide open emitting a ghostly howl.

Sorry, hmlove beat you to this one -- this is "The Scream."

Actually once I got to drawing the stix out, I realized its not the shrugging man..its John Travolta :Kitten Love:

Ok I looked closer and I swear Picasso is haunting your soaps cause I see a couple naked bodies, a dragon smoking a hooka, and a googly eyed child from a Stan Silverstein book.

I swear u can see a bipedal gryphon smoking a cig in the second pic!

Help!!! My soaps are possessed!!!!

Well, they may be possessed, but they sure are purdy :)

I wonder what the ghost soaps are up to this Halloween night? DH and I are away on trip. It's just the 2 cats in the house. I can totally envision their tails fluffed up and backs arched from something intangible that just isn't right!

Latest posts

Back