Ghost Swirl

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
These didn't turn out as planned. They are much more "ghostly" in appearance than I had wanted. There was supposed to be a second swirl color from some parsley infused oil that I added as superfat to a small portion of the batter. Not surprising, it wasn't enough and it didn't show up at all. So, the AC that I intended to be a very minor component of the soap ended up being the only color in the bar. There isn't much to it, but I like subtle soaps so I'm okay with how it turned out.

I should also mention that the pattern in this soap resulted from running my bear paw back scratcher through a drop swirl (see the tool at http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?t=48968). I had no idea what I'd get. There was a lot of variation between the bars so I definitely need to do more experimenting to see what kind I can create ;)

1A.jpg

2A.jpg

3A.jpg

4A.jpg

I really like it......and I can see half of a face of a cat on one of your soaps in the last picture that you posted. If you look at the middle-positioned soap that's laying face-up just underneath and left of the rose, I can see a cat's eye in the left quadrant of the soap, plus its nose and mouth. Am I crazy, or can you see it too?

IrishLass :)

Edited to add that the same soap (and cat face) is in the first pic you posted, too.

I love an AC swirl in a white base, and I love your wispy swirls. I use AC in my olive/avocado bars and I wish my swirls were as wispy as yours. Very pretty.

Thanks everyone, you've assured me it is not too understated. The absence of green was disappointing at first, but simplicity won me back. Glad it had you from the start.

I see the cat too -- good find IrishLass! And from there I see another puss in the same bar, best seen in the bottom photo. It's in the upper left corner of the bar, above the tiger stripe that starts from the first cat's nose. It is just two slanted eyes and one ear, like a pale Siamese in snow. I love cats, and couldn't be happier that they found their way into my soap!

I don't know what you had thought about them to come out as but I love that soap!

Like some one else stated that it is perfect Halloween soap and it can also be used for Christmas if you tie a bow with red or green ribbon :)

Latest posts

Back