Ghastly Gardenia

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

KiwiMoose

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just disposed of a bottle of gardenia oil with only a little left that i don't care to use. Poo that stuff stinks! The smell of it on my hands makes me feel quite ill. It's so sweet and old-lady floral. Yuk! I even washed my hands (with another fragrant soap I that I DO like) but i can still smell it!

bluebirdwing

Reaction score
What about rubbing few drops of some citrus oils? I hope that will work. My mom used to rub lemon peels on her hands after cleaning fish, to get rid of the stench and it always worked.

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of gardenia either. Try rubbing a stainless steel spoon between your hands under running water. It helps for onion smells, but gardenia is a different beast so I'm not sure it will do any good.

Aromasuzie

Reaction score
Did the bleach work KiwiMoose? I have real issues with some fragrances, they end up out in the garage to cure. Nothing worse than having an aroma you hate hanging around!

Johnez

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of gardenia either. Try rubbing a stainless steel spoon between your hands under running water. It helps for onion smells, but gardenia is a different beast so I'm not sure it will do any good.
They sell these little "soaps" of stainless steel at asian markets for this purpose. Mostly to get the fish smell off of the hands I think.

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They sell these little "soaps" of stainless steel at asian markets for this purpose. Mostly to get the fish smell off of the hands I think.
I've had one of those stainless bars for years - it works well for me with onion and garlic odors on my hands when I remember to use it. That is what made me think of trying a spoon or something else made of stainless.

Latest posts