Getting your FO to stick

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cactuslily

Reaction score
Some of my fo's stick well after cure, but others seem to just dissipate. I've heard of various methods, but do any of them work? Any and all suggestions that have worked for you would be greatly appreciated. Sometimes after steaming they come back, but not always. What do you all do?

If you are using FO's how much are you using? I've found that for some I have to use the whole 5% others I can get away with less. The only ones that give me trouble are scents like peach, citrus and coconut Though, I've had other scents not stick so I've just mostly quit using them. Some claim arrowroot or clays will help anchor scents. I've tried with citrus scents and it is a bit stronger.

I usually stick to 5%. I've never HP, but I'd like to try. Right now, I'm enjoying all the swirling etc...that I don't think I could get with HP. Fruits seems to stick, but more perfume scents don't. I'm personally not a fruit fan in soaps. I've tried using clay, but honestly haven't noticed any differance. I have noticed when curing different scents close together they seem to rub off on each other. Steaming sometimes brings it back, but it's temporary.

I use Kaolin Clay in my soaps and it seems to anchor the FO's better for me.

ETA: I also add my FO's to my oils and blend before adding my lye, and I soap cooler..80-100 dg, and usually dont insulate...sometimes I get gel, and sometimes not..I just let the soap do its thing :) {as opposed to my milk soaps, which I place in the fridge overnight to prevent gel}

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back