Getting ready to cut back my Plumeria

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Free if you want a piece. Plumeria aka Frangipani aka Hawaiian Lei flowers. Its my prized plant (to me anyway). I have to cut back a bunch of it. I will probably have 6 or 7 pieces when i cut it.

It likes florida lol. Loves the sun. It can be contained in a pot or put in the ground where it can get huge quick. You would get what looks like a stick. Put it in a bit of dirt in a pot, keep it moist and in the sun. It doesnt mind getting dry after it gets established. It actually prefers dry. It will lose most, if not all of its leaves in the winter, even in florida zone 10. Even though it can get big, the roots do not grow into your house foundation. They stop and grow in a different direction if they run into something...like your foundation.

I bought my “stick“ 2 1/2 years ago for $30 or $40 and it needs to be tamed already. I dont want to throw away the cuttings, but i wont have room for them all.

After i cut i gotta let them dry before giving them to anybody, so this will take some time. Like soap!!

Attachments

• 57F2E2E5-6631-4A6E-B1A9-14B10EF9513E.jpeg
    57F2E2E5-6631-4A6E-B1A9-14B10EF9513E.jpeg
    272.4 KB · Views: 15
Free if you want a piece. Plumeria aka Frangipani aka Hawaiian Lei flowers. Its my prized plant (to me anyway). I have to cut back a bunch of it. I will probably have 6 or 7 pieces when i cut it.

It likes florida lol. Loves the sun. It can be contained in a pot or put in the ground where it can get huge quick. You would get what looks like a stick. Put it in a bit of dirt in a pot, keep it moist and in the sun. It doesnt mind getting dry after it gets established. It actually prefers dry. It will lose most, if not all of its leaves in the winter, even in florida zone 10. Even though it can get big, the roots do not grow into your house foundation. They stop and grow in a different direction if they run into something...like your foundation.

I bought my “stick“ 2 1/2 years ago for $30 or $40 and it needs to be tamed already. I dont want to throw away the cuttings, but i wont have room for them all.

After i cut i gotta let them dry before giving them to anybody, so this will take some time. Like soap!!

No thank you! I have a funny story to share about plumeria. My brother LOVED them so he got some seeds and was growing quite a few of them. Every time he saw me he'd ask me if I wanted one. I kept telling him I didn't have space for any more plants. This went on for years! Well he passed away unexpectedly a couple of years ago and his wife asked me to come over to get some of his things. While I was there, she asked me if I wanted a blueberry bush he had growing in a large pot. I told her I didn't have room but since it was his I just had to have it. It was a pretty large bush in a big pot - it took three of us to load it up into my truck. When we got it home and unloaded it, I noticed a single stick in the pot next to the blueberry. You know plumerias, so you know that they look like sticks when they lose their leaves... It starts to bloom at the beginning of July, just in time for his birthday. And it brings a smile to my face every time I see it. He got me!

No thank you! I have a funny story to share about plumeria. My brother LOVED them so he got some seeds and was growing quite a few of them. Every time he saw me he'd ask me if I wanted one. I kept telling him I didn't have space for any more plants. This went on for years! Well he passed away unexpectedly a couple of years ago and his wife asked me to come over to get some of his things. While I was there, she asked me if I wanted a blueberry bush he had growing in a large pot. I told her I didn't have room but since it was his I just had to have it. It was a pretty large bush in a big pot - it took three of us to load it up into my truck. When we got it home and unloaded it, I noticed a single stick in the pot next to the blueberry. You know plumerias, so you know that they look like sticks when they lose their leaves... It starts to bloom at the beginning of July, just in time for his birthday. And it brings a smile to my face every time I see it. He got me!
Is it still in the pot or did you put it in the ground?

I would love to have a stick of plumeria! I would be happy to pay for postage and your trouble. I live in the Midsouth, so I imagine I would have to bring it into the house in winter, but I love the scent.
Keep it in the house with a grow light! Its a very forgiving plant!

That’s very kind of you to offer your cuttings. I wish I lived in a warm climate. I love plumeria. Reminds me of our trips to Hawaii. ♥️

I would love to have one or two of them. Email: [email protected]

I'm in Ft Myers and would love a stick!

[email protected]

Last edited:
I miss plumeria and leis from when I lived in Hawaii. I wish I had any kind of green thumb to keep one indoors. I live in Central Pa so it’s not likely to survive however I have seen quite a bit of hibiscus here this past summer. The decent is heavenly! You’re so kind into offer some cuttings!

I didnt forget you all. She decided to bloom this week and i didnt have the heart to cut her back.
Didn't think you forgot, just thought you had a life - LOL. Yes, let her do her thing and keep her healthy. We'll wait.

Latest posts

Back