Getting ready for first HP soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KimT2au

You bet they die
Reaction score
Hi all

As some of you have probably figured I foster dogs and often by the time I get them their skin is in a terrible condition. Although we give them lots of yummy additives to their diet to help with their skin issues I am looking for a soap recipe that might help ease their skin condition as well. I found a recipe on YouTube (insert group groan here) that I thought may fit the bill so I am posting the recipe above and would welcome any comments or advice before I start. I am not sure if I should post a link to the YouTube video or not as I am not to sure of the etiquette for things like that.

One thing I would mention is in the video the lady uses home made oat milk rather than water with her lye but I could not figure out to show that in SoapCalc and I am not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Kim

Attachments

• doggie soap.PNG
    doggie soap.PNG
    367.3 KB · Views: 12
I'm also interested in a doggie soap bar, but I know a lot of people are going to say not to use soap on dogs, due to ph levels of animals skin being different to ours.
I saw a recipe with vinegar place in after trace, wonder if that makes a difference? Anyway I will be interested to see if anyone here has any success with doggy soap?

Latest posts

Back