getting creams tested??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pepperi27

Reaction score
If I make a body cream from scratch much like whipped shea sorda I think, do I still need to get it tested? There will be no water in this recipe mostly oils and a butter? I make them for myself and I love using it. I prepare my recipe for example by melting shea butter/oil then whip for two minutes and pour into the jar. I then place it in the freezer and after an hour it becomes hard. Once you touch it, it becomes soft? Did that make any sense?

What is in it besides shea?

I can tell you my shea butter & oil whips DO get ransid over time. The oils themselves go bad eventually. It takes about 2 years if they stay well closed up, but if you leave the lid off it can happen in a matter of months 4-6, depending again on how long the shea or oils sat at the wholesale company before you bought it.

*If* you desire to sell or give them aways I would just be sure to label them something like this *be sure to keep item capped for freshness & discard after ___(this date)____.

oh ok no its just shea/ako/vitamine should I put a preservative in it? I made the same recipe or one year now and its the same batch (its mine only not fofr sale) and its still good. Anyway ty for that tab I'm still testing recipes but maybe you all will get some for valentines day! The mens balm I made comes out like dry powder and feels amazing.

I do not put preservative in mine. I am not worried about it (though some might think I should be). I just make sure I have an expiration date on them.

Common sense would tell most people to discard their cosmetics, B&B, etc after 12 months, but I think less than 50% of the population was blessed w/ common sense :p .

lol this is true and because my skin is sensitive I discard most products after eight months. I realized this when I bought some eyeshadow from macys. I kept this for over a year maybe add a half and after I used it one day my eye became infected so omg stupid me learned a lesson. So now I no longer keep anything for too long unless its soap!

Latest posts

Back