Getting better

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Ziegler

Circle Z soaps
Reaction score
Here is my abstract sand, sea & sun CP soap. I used island oasis FO from nurture soap and I used my new 7.5lb mold from nurture soap. Then I cut it on my new metal single wire soap cutter from nurture soap.

It didn't turn out exactly like I wanted. I thought the sand part was set up enough to hold the sea part but it wasn't. But I still like it and it smells great.

Attachments

• 20200814_100619_wm_compress89.jpg
    20200814_100619_wm_compress89.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 56
Todd, that soap looks fun! And your other soaps (shown on the curing rack you shared in the other thread) look great, too.

How do you like your Nurture cutter? I'm torn between buying a multi-bar cutter from Etsy that will come from Europe, and Nurture's multi-bar that will be a little pricier but will support a US-based business, AND arrive a lot faster. I know that Nurture has great molds, and I love my new TS mold from them. But I haven't heard much about how people like, or don't like, their cutters. Any feedback would be great.

I really have zero need for a multi-bar cutter since I don't sell. But I cut horribly even with the single-wire cutter. When my husband watched a soap video with me (sweet, since it isn't his jam), he saw someone cut with a multi-bar cutter and said, "You need one of those!" So, I'm going with it. :nodding:

Todd, that soap looks fun! And your other soaps (shown on the curing rack you shared in the other thread) look great, too.

How do you like your Nurture cutter? I'm torn between buying a multi-bar cutter from Etsy that will come from Europe, and Nurture's multi-bar that will be a little pricier but will support a US-based business, AND arrive a lot faster. I know that Nurture has great molds, and I love my new TS mold from them. But I haven't heard much about how people like, or don't like, their cutters. Any feedback would be great.

I really have zero need for a multi-bar cutter since I don't sell. But I cut horribly even with the single-wire cutter. When my husband watched a soap video with me (sweet, since it isn't his jam), he saw someone cut with a multi-bar cutter and said, "You need one of those!" So, I'm going with it. :nodding:
I love my nurture cutter. They only have the single wire in stock right now and they have 2 left. They have designed the cutter with the weight in the handle, so it almost cuts it for you. You don't have to worry about a crooked cut again because they have a long hinge piece which keeps the wire from moving at all. You will not be disappointed. However it will only hold a 9 inch loaf. So if you have longer loafs than you will need their extension or make one yourself.

I looked at the ones on etsy but with the shipping it wasn't much different in price from nurture soap. I literally used 1 finger to push the wire through. Obsidian ordered one from Russia and it took a long time.

Oooh that one on the right has a smiley face!!
Yeah I saw that too lol. I have tentatively made the decision that I am going to only do ITPS with just 1 or 2 colors and do a line of single color soaps or single ITPS soaps. I am just not good enough or patient enough to do the layering and other advanced techniques.

I know that some people don't think that solid single color soaps sell well but I have went to a few different stores who sold homemade soap and they said that they sell a lot of single color soap. So I am going to stick with what I can do for now and practice on what I can't do well. So far my testers have commented on the scent and how the soap feels and works for them. Color has been the very least thing that they have mentioned.

So I am going to stick with what I can do for now and practice on what I can't do well. So far my testers have commented on the scent and how the soap feels and works for them. Color has been the very least thing that they have mentioned.
It's the same for me... I HP mostly, except for a soleseife, and while I do try out different swirls when I can, and use different colors when I can, I don't usually end up with fancy looking soap. I think your soaps look pretty. Good luck with practice!

Here is my abstract sand, sea & sun CP soap. I used island oasis FO from nurture soap and I used my new 7.5lb mold from nurture soap. Then I cut it on my new metal single wire soap cutter from nurture soap.

It didn't turn out exactly like I wanted. I thought the sand part was set up enough to hold the sea part but it wasn't. But I still like it and it smells great.
It’s still beautiful I love the colors you chose to use

Latest posts

Back