Getting a new snake šŸ

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Obsidian

Reaction score
my old cornsnake passed away a few years back and I've been looking for another since. They are common, easy to find but I wanted a nice colorful one.

I finally decided it was time and placed a order with one of the largest and oldest corn breeders in the US.

ETA: bit of a change, I found my dream snake from the same breeder so after a phone call, I have a different snake coming next week.
He is a bloodred corn and will be a very deep red adult.
Hatched 7/14

I need a good, unusual name. My last corn was named pandora

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    159.4 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I think he is pretty now. Please post pics when his colors are even brighter. I assumed it is a he since you mention the little guy. How old? Snakes are not my favorite but there are some very pretty ones. Congratulations on acquiring a new friend! Waldo!

I will update with growth pictures. Corns really do change a lot, I'll get on my pc later and post baby to adult pics of my last one.

Yes, he is a he. Not sure on age, the website didn't list his hatch date. I'll get that info when he is shipped. I'd guess around 1-2 months.

My daughter wants a snake now. She has quite the collection of animals 2 mice, 1 gerbil and takes good care of them. I don't imagine we will get anything "fancy" but your snakes are beautiful.

My daughter wants a snake now. She has quite the collection of animals 2 mice, 1 gerbil and takes good care of them. I don't imagine we will get anything "fancy" but your snakes are beautiful.

If you are interested in buying from a breeder, I couldn't recommend smr reptiles more. The owner, Don is a great guy and their guarantees are top notch.

Oh my gosh, I love these snakes! Every once in a while I am graced with their presence in my yard. I've always called them red rat snakes though. The last one I saw was a little one less than a foot long. I found him dead in my front yard. I came right inside and started yelling at my husband about it. I don't know if a bird dropped it; we have a pair of hawks that perch in a pine tree across the street and hunt.

I like Waldo since you have a connection to the name already.

Oh my gosh, I love these snakes! Every once in a while I am graced with their presence in my yard. I've always called them red rat snakes though. The last one I saw was a little one less than a foot long. I found him dead in my front yard. I came right inside and started yelling at my husband about it. I don't know if a bird dropped it; we have a pair of hawks that perch in a pine tree across the street and hunt.

I like Waldo since you have a connection to the name already.

Corn snakes are a type of rat snake and you are in their natural range. I'd love to have neat wild snakes, only have garter and rubber boas here

We went out and bought the snake today a "ball python" which we named Deceit or D for short View attachment 48417
I love ball pythons. I've had them in past, always been nice snakes.

Look into joining a python group or forum. That set up isn't ideal for a ball. You'll end up with shedding issues using aspen, they need fairly high humidity.

Latest posts

Back