Gentle Facial Bar recipe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mandy

Reaction score
Gentle Facial Bar

Makes 2 pounds of soap.

Ingredients:

6 oz olive oil
6 oz palm oil
6 oz coconut oil
3 oz jojoba oil
4 oz almond oil (sweet)
8.3 oz water
3.4 oz lye
1 T wheatgerm oil added at trace

Directions:

Follow standard directions for soapmaking. Combine the oils and lye/water solution when they are both at 100 °F. Trace should come within 25 minutes. Add wheatgerm oil at trace. Soap can usually be unmolded after 24 hours and sliced after 48 hours. Produces a very mild facial bar good for normal skin. Jojoba and wheatgerm oil restore moisture to the skin without a greasy feel.

Modify for dry skin:

Add the following at trace:

* 1 teaspoon evening primrose oil and 1 tablespoon melted Shea Butter to nourish and protect dry skin.
* Optional: Add 10 drops each of the essential oils of carrot seed and palmarosa to stimulate new cell production and treat dry skin.

Modify for oily skin:

Add the following at trace:

* 2 tablespoons cornmeal to gently exfoliate, absorb excess oil and unclog pores.
* Optional: Add 10 drops each of the essential oils of cedarwood and lemongrass to purify and treat oily skin.

Iam interested in making this for dry skin, do i still add the wheatgerm as well as the primrose and shea also do i measure tablespoon of shea when its solid or melted. :oops: Also could i make this soap HP.

Back