Gemstone Soaps! (1st attempt)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Koshka

Reaction score
I've been suffering from boredom all day today and decided to experiment with making gemstone soap. So, my whole kitchen is a mess right now, chunks of soap laying on the floor and all over the place, but I think I'm onto something here :)

Product of my boredom:

Malachite 1.jpg

Malachite 2.jpg

what do you guys think?

Attachments

• CAM00280[1].jpg
    CAM00280[1].jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 352
Last edited:
Oh pretty! My husband today was joking with my 'emerald' labeled green and told me I need to make him a emerald bar for his Bday stone. haha
I need to buy those from you and pass them off as my own! :p

wonderful job! I'm "green" with soap-envy now! can't wait to see more of your little works of art! I can't help but think, wouldn't they go well at a rock & gem show or selling in a rock & gem shop? :idea:

So, he's a Taurus, like me then? You can get that green by mixing yellow and blue. I tried regular green, and it came out too light :(

Oh pretty! My husband today was joking with my 'emerald' labeled green and told me I need to make him a emerald bar for his Bday stone. haha
I need to buy those from you and pass them off as my own! :p

Next in line is Aquamarine :) Or one of the blue gems... I know that the pictures don't reflect the "real colors" that well, but with the right lighting, those soaps look so realistic!

wonderful job! I'm "green" with soap-envy now! can't wait to see more of your little works of art! I can't help but think, wouldn't they go well at a rock & gem show or selling in a rock & gem shop? :idea:

Your welcome! Do you have a pic of what the soap looked like before you made it into gems? Where they bars? I don't think I would ever have the patience to sit and do that, but they look SO COOL!

I don't have any pictures, but I'll make sure to take some next time I'll be experimenting.

The soap looks like a mess of colors, and pretty ugly too lol.

Your welcome! Do you have a pic of what the soap looked like before you made it into gems? Where they bars? I don't think I would ever have the patience to sit and do that, but they look SO COOL!

Well, this is melt and pour base. You have to melt the soap base, add colors, cut it, dip it in other soap, cut it again, fill it with other soap base, then cut it again in shape of rocks. It's a pain, and very time consuming. Sigh...

Ok how do you do that? It's fabulous!

Gemstone Soap

These are beautiful, how did you get the shapes? Did you use a mold or just random cuts when you cut up the soap???? What about June - my original stone is Alexandrite a pretty pinky purpley color. You can't find (or if you do) afford the stone anymore since it is SO rare

Back