Gemlite Soap & Candle Supply

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What nice people to work with. I placed an online order last night and forgot to add in the sample size of Oakmoss. I called them this morning to see if they could possibly add it to my order so I would not have to pay additional shipping. There was absolutely no problem. I am real curious about their essential oils and ordered samples of nutmeg, cardamom and now oakmoss. I also ordered their sandalwood fragrance oil. Prices for their eo's is almost to good to be true so we will see. Clary Sage is much less expensive than most suppliers.

This was the company Not Ally liked for Sandalwood FO. If you remember her she is from India, lives in LA and wanted a good My Sore type fragrance oil. She was very impressed with their Sandalwood FO after trying a huge amount of Sandalwood Fo's. I keep wondering what happened to her, she is a very nice person.

This was the company Not Ally liked for Sandalwood FO. If you remember her she is from India, lives in LA and wanted a good My Sore type fragrance oil. She was very impressed with their Sandalwood FO after trying a huge amount of Sandalwood Fo's. I keep wondering what happened to her, she is a very nice person.

I remember her well. We exchanged products a couple times. I sent her several messages never to hear back so hope she's okay! She was so sweet.

I remember her well. We exchanged products a couple times. I sent her several messages never to hear back so hope she's okay! She was so sweet.
Me too, I have seen her at The Dish but she never answered over there either...
Checked them out. I've wanted to place an order since I heard such rave reviews about their Sandalwood. but I don't get how their Sesame Seed esssenice is only $8 / lb?

https://www.gemlite.com/Sesame_Seed_Essence_Carrier_Oil/p2256649_11964613.aspx

Not even sure what that is.
That is why I only ordered the 0.5 oz samples of essential oils. I have a hard time trusting when it is to good to be true. I was also wondering about the Sesame Seed Essence. :D maybe someone can call and ask. He speaks English well

Let me know what you get as a "Gift" in your order :)

I got 2 bowls and 2 spoons that said Lucky Charms on them. Was so odd I am still laughing !! Would have rather had the Gemlite lite. ;)

I still have not soaped or Bb with anything because I have been Procrastinating by doing a bunch of searching for Chicken stuff. :confused:

I got 2 bowls and 2 spoons that said Lucky Charms on them. Was so odd I am still laughing !! Would have rather had the Gemlite lite. ;)

I still have not soaped or Bb with anything because I have been Procrastinating by doing a bunch of searching for Chicken stuff. :confused:
LOL, I do remember you mentioning that :)

Yeah, they showed me pics of these cute little Chicks... now I have to figure out how to get them and integrate them into my flock.

wow, that is incredible. Will give them a try since you mention. ;)

Did you order "PALM" ?

Smells great OOB, but when I added it to the finished HP cook it turned very Perfumy. Cut last night and still smells the same.
It is ok, just NOT what the OOB is.
Will give more time to 'cure' and see if it changes. Very sad if it doesn't because it is so nice and light OOB.

In their website in deals section they give a big wholesale discount, big companies can do that easy. Maybe this is why they are offering such prices. It will be good to hear more about their products quality.

In their website in deals section they give a big wholesale discount, big companies can do that easy. Maybe this is why they are offering such prices. It will be good to hear more about their products quality.
I really think it is very hit and miss with them, but wanted to try the Sandalwood FO, NotAlly that ran tests a couple of years ago posted that it was the best she had found. She tested a large amount of sandalwoods trying to find the closest she could to Mysore sandalwood. My daughter tested a few fo's a few years back and we did not like any of them. So I recommend anyone ordering a small sample and test it.

As for the deals, any of the manufacturers of fo's give price breaks when suppliers order in bulk. Best price breaks happen when ordering 40lbs or more. To order in bulk from them I would have to know the fo is good, sticks well and does not cause irritation

Last edited:

LOL, I received to Gemlites, a Ruby and a Topaz

I received my order and not sure I am impressed with the Sandalwood OOB, but then I have never smelled Sandawood Mysore. Not Ally thought this was a good comparison. Will try to soap it tomorrow and see how it does. For $30 per lb I am impressed with the Oakmoss, it is not as smoky as the other Oakmoss Absolute I have but it is close. For the price difference this would work at least for soap. The Nutmeg and Cardamom I cannot make up my mind, but will do a couple of small test batches. I just ordered 2 more .5oz samples, geranium, and clary sage.

Thanks for your feedback, Carolyn. With the sandalwood, would you say it's "buttery" at all? I have been looking for a good sandalwood & am still not satisfied. Every one I get smells slightly fishy to me for some reason. That, or it smells too powdery.

Thanks for your feedback, Carolyn. With the sandalwood, would you say it's "buttery" at all? I have been looking for a good sandalwood & am still not satisfied. Every one I get smells slightly fishy to me for some reason. That, or it smells too powdery.
Definitely not buttery, not powdery, not woody, not fishy, not necessarily smoky. Not sure how I would describe it, but I am not very good at describing. Last night I thought it smelled a bit chemical, but this morning I smelled the perfume strip I put a sample on and really do not smell the chemical. Will soap it and see, it is hard when I have really never smelled true Mysore Sandalwood which is what Not Ally was looking for. Not how I thought sandalwood would smell but she felt it was the closest and it is not even close to any of the sandalwood fo's I have tried.

Last edited:

Have you tried the sandalwood from Sweet Cakes? It was the first sandalwood I ever tried, and is still my favorite. I'm not sure what you mean by 'buttery', but I wouldn't say it is powdery.

Have you tried the sandalwood from Sweet Cakes? It was the first sandalwood I ever tried, and is still my favorite. I'm not sure what you mean by 'buttery', but I wouldn't say it is powdery.

No I have not, mostly because of price to purchase from Sweet Cakes. With shipping their fo's usually cost me around $60 lb and that is really pushing what I will pay. Again the problem is, I do not have a sample of the real deal so I am only comparing fo's which are someone's rendition of the fragrance. If I go to my favorite restaurant today I will stop at an East Indian Market and pick up a bar of their sandalwood. Granted they are not pure sandalwood, but I remember them being a bit different from any of my sandalwood fo's.

Back