Gemlite Sandalwood

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lin19687

Reaction score
Thought I would just make a new thread on this since many were looking at the Sandalwood.

Made HP Salt bars today to test out FO, and new shape for my bars.

OOB I like the scent, when added to HP it got strong but I can't say that the scent changed.

Added Yogurt let sit for about 5 min, then added FO before Salt. Did not A, maybe ever so slightly D

Cut bars after 1/2 hr, Color is maybe a slight darker then regular bars.

Scent is still the same to me after 1/2 hr sitting, still slightly warm.

I am sure my recipe was different 25/45 tallow, CO, AVO, Castor, 33% Lye Concentration. Vinegar and Avocado Puree for remainder of the liquid. I soap 50/50 lye concentration. I mixed the fo at emulsion and it did accelerate. It just shows how different recipes work. I initially like the scent, will see how it is after cure

Just want to update this.
With a High Palm recipe, RT lye and oils at about 110 I got FAST Acceleration ! not sure how this will end up as it was almost solid 1/2 way trying to get it in the mold. I am sure it will be full of holes :(

Oh well, I knew it A but I should not have sticked it for a 2 seconds when I got it in the batter.

Live and learn

Latest posts

Back