Gelled GM soap a bit weepy.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I got a new, deep wooden mould and made a GM soap and allowed it to gel for the first time. When I cut it, a couple of days later, it seems to be a bit weepy (tiny little holes in soap with tiny little bits of moisture).

I have never seen this before. It's not oil and it's not lye. I've licked the soap and it tastes like soap *ptooey*. It doesn't burn, sting or irritate my hands and is quite nice for only a couple of days old (apart from the fact that it looks like rubbery cheese).

There is no honey, no fragrance, no essential oil. Just oils and goat's milk.

Any ideas? Maybe tiny air bubbles that have trapped some liquid?

Leave it sit out to air for a few days, and the problem will most likely be gone :)

I've had this happen a few times; it's gone away on its own in all but one, and I suspect I mismeasured and added to much FO to that batch. I rebatched the troublesome one and it was fine.

SilverMaple said:
Leave it sit out to air for a few days, and the problem will most likely be gone :)

I've had this happen a few times; it's gone away on its own in all but one, and I suspect I mismeasured and added to much FO to that batch. I rebatched the troublesome one and it was fine.

Ditto.

Yup. Let it sit....I'm batting a thousand w/GM doing that...and they've all turned out fine!

Latest posts

Back