Gelatinous Mess

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am unclear on what you used. Was it a M&P base or did you make your own M&P base? Here is some info. on melting M&P base.
https://www.soapqueen.com/bath-and-body-tutorials/tips-and-tricks/how-to-avoid-burnt-melt-pour/
I used crystal clear melt and pour soap from Stephenson. This has never happened before. I have done a lot of soap. I always use the double boiler method. Should I have done it in the microwave? Also, I was using a lot more soap than usual. (I was experimenting).

I used crystal clear melt and pour soap from Stephenson. This has never happened before. I have done a lot of soap. I always use the double boiler method. Should I have done it in the microwave? Also, I was using a lot more soap than usual. (I was experimenting).
I can’t believe it was burned. I don’t know what I did was wrong. I followed the tutorial and did everything she said to.

If you were using a double boiler, I doubt you burned it, but then again...how much was this "a lot more soap"? :)

Well, that's not too much base. I was picturing you trying to do 10 lbs in one go. LOL
Still, I think you've already nailed it and the base just cooled faster than you could pour. Stephenson's instructions I found online are rather vague and none of the three I read state a melted temperature range. I do notice the instructions say "Working quickly, simply pour..."

Honestly, I think it would be worth contacting Stephenson and asking them what melted temperature is ideal for the base you're using. Wouldn't hurt and you might just help the next person. :)

I know some EOs, like ginger, will do this to the M&P base I make but I don't know if commercial M&P bases have that problem. Just a thought if you added a new EO or FO.

Latest posts

Back