gel?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lele, I have been to different cal. and this one is really cool you got to check it out. Kathleen

Lelê said:
I'm sorry to be a bit O/T, but, PAUL, is that (beautiful! I might add) soap sitting on your monitor? I'm so confused by this pic.... I don't know if you monitor is on the horizontal or if you stuck your soap on a vertical monitor.... :lol: :oops:

Mysoapopera ~ I'm a even bigger newbie than you (only one batch, and we still don't don't what will be of it, since it's taking forever to dry), but I wanted to say that you are not alone. Fat properties, soapcal, all this things are still very confusing to me too, but I hope to get there someday!

I also feel like home on this forum... :D

Yup. I have a laptop, screen was horizontal. I was lazy, didn't get up, had a bar besides me, and my camera. Took the pic and posted it in under 2 minutes. Love digital cameras and the internet! 8)

OK, I have to ask, since this 'gel' thing has me wondering.. I never knew what it was either, although I have been frustrated in the past that my soap had funky splotchy off-colorings in it. BUT, today, I was so happy that my TOG soap mold came in, so I made a batch. I made it four hours ago, and when I just checked it, it's 'different' than usual. I think I finally achieved a gel stage. But, I was planning on leaving it be until 24 hours. From what I read, I shouldn't? I should cool it down now and take it out?

Yes, once you have full gel, turn on a fan and let it cool in the mold. I can unmold from my slab mold in about 4 or 5 hours, but waiting 12 to 24 is best. :) You can't beat a solid wood mold! Glad you got it OK and broke that puppy in! 8) :wink:

Paul

Back