Gel phase to dried HP

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrsfarmgirl75

Reaction score
Hey ya'll,

Im new to the forum but not so new to HP soap making.

As you can see from photos the gel phase to after it dried stage.

I can not figure out why it came out marbled like this.

Can anyone explain this

Thanx in advanced

Attachments

• 20220919_112905.jpg
    20220919_112905.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220919_140636.jpg
    20220919_140636.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
My best guess is parts of the soap became overly dry during the cook. When mixed into the main part of the soap, they make unattractive white lumps in the finished bars.

Solutions --
Keep the crock pot covered as much as possible. Some people even use plastic food wrap in addition to the lid to minimize evaporation.
When you stir the soap, don't scrape the dry bits around the edges into the main part of the soap.
Stir only when necessary, again to reduce evaporation.
When you transfer the soap into a mold, avoid scraping the drier edges of the soap into the mold. Scrape the pot well afterwards and make a separate ball of the dry soap if you like.
Consider not cooking the soap as long so it doesn't dry out as much.

My best guess is parts of the soap became overly dry during the cook. When mixed into the main part of the soap, they make unattractive white lumps in the finished bars.

Solutions --
Keep the crock pot covered as much as possible. Some people even use plastic food wrap in addition to the lid to minimize evaporation.
When you stir the soap, don't scrape the dry bits around the edges into the main part of the soap.
Stir only when necessary, again to reduce evaporation.
When you transfer the soap into a mold, avoid scraping the drier edges of the soap into the mold. Scrape the pot well afterwards and make a separate ball of the dry soap if you like.
Consider not cooking the soap as long so it doesn't dry out as much.
I do place plastic wrap with lid as well. What i did do it scrap the edges.

Thanks for info.

Back